• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo

redline

I have spent many hrs in L90D's and they were the most comfortable machines to operate, smooth with lots of power, (work was in a compost/bark yard with stockpiling and truck loading work all shift long.

australian pete

i have a volvo 4500, i think it is about 1985 model,i bought it about 15 years ago , had new sleeves and pistons about 1000 hours ago, still on original transmission, final drives, hydraulic pump, has worked hard, i think they are brilliant loaders.

farm_boy

we rented a john deere the other day cause all the volvo's were busy. this machine was about the same size as the volvo pictured. it was brand new. i loved it. no key to start..you entered a code, plus it had a tv screen in it hooked up to a camera in the back so you could see where you've been!! it was pretty cool but i'd like to see it after 2 or 3 thousand hard hours.. probably nothing would work..it did look like the bridge of the starship enterprise when you started it tho..all those pretty lights and buttons

You must be talking about the new K's. They are pretty sweet. Here is a couple shots of the cab you are talking about. Keyless start is pretty sweet on these machines. That last picture is the embedded payload scales that is an option.

Attachments

• 25 button SSM.jpg
    25 button SSM.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Easy weigh.jpg
    Easy weigh.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,090

Young James

I love those new k series. I have a 08 644J, and I'm super jealous, lol. Thing I don't like about the new volvos is that they hardly look any different then the old ones we have. We have michigan loaders from back in the 80's and there's hardly any difference. Time for a much needed face lift if you ask me

catd8t

we have a 330 in our pit and it runs great till it breaks and it breaks alot i was running it this summer and the heated seats were kicking on with out me putting them on. so i took the fuse out ant it was fine so the next day the auto greaser stoped working so i the mechanics came the they called the dealer. so they came out well i told them that i took that fuse out and well come to find out the heated seats and the greaser share a fuse and well all in all they had to cut out the seats cause the dealer couldnt fix it and it cost 2 grand for them to come out for the day we lost a day of crushing and um the other day my boss was asking me about 988 cats hahaha cause im kind of a nerd on equipment

iroczu

well for the people who dislike volvo, i disagree with that, run a volvo L120 and L150E mind you without buckets but with graples, and like them but also solid rubber tires, but hate Liebehr wheel loaders, the hydrostatic trannys in those i hate personally.. as for the options on the volvos i've ran they work ok, but then too we use ours probably far and beyond the manufactors max recommendations... but no complaints

catd8t

oh i dont hate them but you know i everything you get lemons we have a 150 and 90 and they are great also two 220s and one runs fine but the newer on is kinda craper and the 330 is junk

xcavator120

I'm new to this forum, and just a little less than 2 yrs running equipment. I've ran Cat, and Volvo loaders. We have 3 E model L90s and 1 C model L120. Of those I love the L120. The company that I work for is a small contractor, and has projects spread out over the western half of the state. They are always "stealing" the L120 from us. When we do get it back, we fight like heck to keep it. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks, cause I'll get to run it non-stop, loading a pug-mill, and stock piling.

I've never had a complaint about getting a bucket from a pile. Just need to know the tricks of the machine to get it to work for ya! I think with any loaders the same holds true..

CatMatt

I run a L150E in a sand quarry feeding a washplant. This machine is by far the most comfortable machine i have operated and i would prefer it over anything. We also have a brand new Hyundai 770-7A and the volvo beats it at anything....And the volvo has 14,000Hrs in the clock.

blueman

oh i dont hate them but you know i everything you get lemons we have a 150 and 90 and they are great also two 220s and one runs fine but the newer on is kinda craper and the 330 is junk

The L350F replaced the L330's about a year or two ago after a long development/testing process. Much has changed in about every system. Might be worth checking to see what's changed if nothing else.

We switched over to Volvo from Caterpillar in 2002 or so. We have L70's up to 220's, from c models to E. I love them, The 180's especially are great, power and speed. I like Cat's for all around applications, doing things it wasn't "designed to do", dozing, pushing, etc. But for loading trucks or material handling, hands down the Volvo's win, and burn less fuel. We have a coupe Hyundai's too...what buckets of bolts those are.

samuiyjoe

I have been running Volvo L90 loader and have had many an engine failure in the 2008-2010. The middle cylinders tend to overheat causing piston failure. I am being told this is from the oil cooling jet system failing. Has anyone else had this failure and what is the fix?

tctractors

This would not be the common thing, all I would suggest is checking the oil filter head valves for correct position , they are colour coded to help things, its the bypass side that feeds the spray jets I think? a common cause of blockage of the spray jets is instant gasket? used in excess by mechanics doing service work, the 2 other wats the spray jets get blocked or damaged is through lack of oil changes or damage(see service man) Volvo motors are usualy as good as it gets.

Magnum

Interresting tread!!
I can only agree with Volvo lovers, they are leading the development. For example look at the new K-series Cat. Here in Sweden we have read in some business related magazines that one of the guys developing the K-series and giving the input is an old Volvoemployee from Sweden.... But like always, some of the Volvo´s performs worser and it is the same with the Cat, Komatsus and all the others. Some of them work just great and some of them sucks, it is the reality.

Volvomad

Volvo have led the field a long time . I know jack about the big girls but 70's and 90's are well speced (quiet),reliable,comfortable and productive machines. They have their faults like crazy parts prices (you shouldnt have to buy near as many though) ,paint work on C and D models wasn't great,ignition switches and mostly little things.
They are rated as the best in this part of the world and have been for 30years.
Do Johndeere make their own Loader?