• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo TD121gp engine

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
If it's the engine I'm thinking, there's a lot of A25 & A30 haul trucks still making money. The only real faults were the coolant plugs between the cylinder heads would leak. Not a big deal. They'd leak a little here and there but no common catastrophic failures to my knowledge.
I think the biggest problem was parts availability to support the whole thing, not the engine in particular.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Agreed. I recently found a local dealer providing a decent range of aftermarket parts and components for Volvo's, going back to early 80's models.

A client was looking for a water pump for his old 4400 model Volvo wheel loader, he couldn't get anything from Volvo, but this aftermarket dealer had one on his shelf. Wasn't overly expensive, either.