• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L110e won't start, even after new starter, ignition

Jkbadge

last week, I got a report that our 110 wouldn't start. I got in, realigned the ignition keeper, tightened the nut and it started right up. The same thing happened the next day, I fixed it the same way. It happened again and haven't been able to get it up and running. It wouldn't start, wouldn't crank and the key felt like it wasn't turning all the way. All my lights are up, the electrical system is charged and fine. It felt like maybe the tumblers in the ignition were worn down so I got a new one. No change. Got a new starter. No change. Does anyone have any experience or ideas with this?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Delayed crank relay. I no longer have access to schematics. You'd want to trace back to relay mounted, I believe in a slot just forward of rear wiper motor. Remove back panel for access. Do your operators understand the importance of waiting for the boot sequence to finish?
Another thing you want to do is verify neutral. Simply look at the instrument panel after it boots up. Position in bottom center should show N . Don't trust the gear selectors position.

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
You might check for voltage drop in the cables. From battery to starter.