• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo g930

MrKomatsu

Ok....I have a D7 volvo engine in a g930.
Won't start hooked up my vcads..can't connect. ..have several e-ecu codes sid 003...004...005.....flashing message on Murphy monitor. .stop engine computer damage. ...ideas?

Fatgraderman

Occupation
Crash test dummy
I'm not a mechanic and my memory is vague. I THINK the "injector codes" that came up on the 940B I ran were e-ECU 001, 002, 003. That engine had other issues, but it was trying to increase (or decrease- not sure which) pulse width to those cylinders to run smooth and when it couldn't, it'd pop those codes, and shut those cylinders down. I'm not sure why the v-cads won't connect. You should be able to turn the master off to store the code (just so it's not active) and try starting it. Was it turning over? Or not even that? Some serial #'s of D7 had trouble with cylinders dropping (could that hydraulic?).

MrKomatsu

Well I thank you for your time.
I finally got my VCADS PRO up and running Found all six injectors to be
shorted to the high side causing no start. the ecu codes were for a software update.
I will get with help desk and reprogram....thanks