• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC160 hydraulics

Volvomad

I am trying to find where the(H) heavy digging function is linked into the hydraulic system. It is currently not working (another electronic fault) and my operating pressure is way down. I would like to put into permanent (H) bypassing the ECU. I have previously replaced the control of main pump flow and fan speed with homemade circuits and she was going very well apart from being down on tracking pressure. Any help very welcome.

Volvomad

Hi Beetle bug 64 , having this machine from new, it never performed very well. I reckon the mechanical governor on the engine is not sensitive enough for the Linde ECU. The ECU sences an engine speed drop and cuts the hydraulic load premeturley. Changing the fuel filter every 50 hours helps. I asked the main dealer if it could be reprogrammed and was told no. I made a circuit to help control the pump based on operating pressure.It worked fine for 2 years but now my throttle,rpm display and H mode have crashed.This machine is a dud and its not getting a new ECU ,if it doesent behave I will cut it up for scrap.