• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo 210B swing motor

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
76D81987-30F4-4FEA-917D-137B97979C40.jpeg My 210B ser # 14641 needs a new swing motor. reman from Volvo is $4100. Anybody have an aftermarket source for Volvo parts?

Lagwagon

I’ve bought a heap of aftermarket parts for my Samsung from numerous suppliers in Korea because you can’t get them from any dealer or wrecker here in Aus. Funnily they all came bagged up labeled as Volvo and IMO were very fairly priced. They are: Hyco, Partsbank, Topglobalparts and Heavypartsolution. You need part numbers though otherwise it’s fruitless. Postage was surprisingly quick.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Got a few prices from other parts suppliers, they were within a few hundred$ of the Volvo reman. So i just ordered it from Volvo.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Please make sure you flush the case drain down to the travel motors, it's common oil to all 3 motors , IF there was a mechanical failure. If not, just spin a filter on and be happy. BTW, why did you have to replace it?

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
BTW, why did you have to replace it?

It was working fine, but was leaking oil out of everywhere. Plus leaking into swing gearbox. Pushing oil up the dipstick tube. slowly getting worse. 7,000 hrs on it. I called 3 local places, Volvo, Komatsu and one hyd shop, to have a seal kit put in. All three said just get a remanufactured one.
I guess parts plus labor gets close to the same $$$ amyways.

Are you referring to pilot filter?

Thanks
Steve

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
No, in the pump room there should be a large spin on filter mounted relatively high up. Should be gold colored 6-8 inches in diameter. That's your case drain filter. It should be serviced at least every 2k hours.
Not everyone uses a case drain filter. Stops a lot of bad catastrophes from spilling over, plus, it gives you a quick look at the health of your hydro system.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
10-4, I have replaced it not to long ago. 1,000-1500hrs ago. I will definitely replace it now and check the insides.

It started seeping out of the sides when parked for the winter, cold building. it would kind of dry up when using it. Same story with all the big hyd cylinders. I have redone them all in the last 2 years. I imagine the orings are just old and hard.

Last edited: