• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vickers dozer VR 180 water pump

Diggerdozer

Occupation
Financial adviser, from simple straight forward fi
HI everyone , I have a Vickers crawler that has a Rolls Royce engine C series that needs a water pump kit or a new pump , any suggestions as to where I can get one?

vintex

Occupation
really heavy equipment operatore
hi i used to run a genset with a RR engine the water pump packed up and we had a lot of trouble finding parts one thing that made it hard was the engine was millitary spec and apparently different after that it was the $800 for a kit that was a choker in the end we fitted a seal kit from a honda fire fighter pump witch was nearly the same iv seen a few of these tractors around in the past and if its not the block being eaten out it seems to be the water pump good luck and let us know how you go

Diggerdozer

Occupation
hi i used to run a genset with a RR engine the water pump packed up and we had a lot of trouble finding parts one thing that made it hard was the engine was millitary spec and apparently different after that it was the $800 for a kit that was a choker in the end we fitted a seal kit from a honda fire fighter pump witch was nearly the same iv seen a few of these tractors around in the past and if its not the block being eaten out it seems to be the water pump good luck and let us know how you go

A friend has found a compressor in the west that may work , and also fund the same engine that is horizontal like used in abus but the water pump is different so still looking

hardtail

International BTD20 also used a 6 cyl RR engine.........don't know if it's the same or the waterpump was similar............

Diggerdozer

Occupation
engine numbers arre C6 SFL101858 and C6 SFL101230 , but I dont have part number unless it i stamped onit?

MBTRAC

Try Rand in UK, if they can't help they'll know were to source parts: -
http://www.rand.uk.com/spares.htm
I've souced various oddball UK diesel spares from Rand over the years, including RR, Ruston & Lister

Good liuck & pleas epost a photo of your VR180, it's been years since I've seen any recent surviving examples of this very unique dozer

MBTRAC

I can put some photos of the machine if you want Digger dozer .

Some photo's would be great !!!!

Most of the VR180's in Australia can trace their heritage/first use from new on the Snowy Mountains Scheme where in the prevailing conditions they were a spectacular failure as a dozer.....but turned into a great tractor to haul towed scrapers....

Let us know how you get on with Rand in the Uk as I can give other options for the water pump.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
If you can get a copy of the vintage car mag called Restore or Restorer at the newsagent. There is a bloke who advertises in it who rebuilds old water pumps. Would be worth a try.

ianoz

I have talked to a guy on another forum that has one down in Tassie .There was quite a few down there for the Hydro schemes down there apparently .
Digger dozer sent me the photos of his two ,so I will post them when i get a chance .

Diggerdozer

Occupation
I emailed Rqand and no response yet, I am speaking to a fellow from Melbourne who knowsa crowd who refit pumps , so that may be a shot as well besides another crowd in the UK that is also suppose to refit these pumps

MBTRAC

There use to be a Vickers VR180/Vigour crawler on the right side of the Princes Hwy south of Nowra NSW , with a billboard attached advertising an Earth Moving Co. It was there for 10years + & only vanished at most c.6years ago, even though it had been static for many years this dozer was complete & in quite sound cpndition with the track gear (chains, grousers, spockets & idlers) all in good condition so it would have been a pity if it had been scrapped - I have 35mm photo's of it somewhere

Plough Book Sales, seemingly from their website also has a collection of Vickers dozers in various states of deterioration, though seemignly not available to be parted out to preserve other machines...... http://www.ploughbooksales.com.au/info/collect/collect.htm

ianoz

Here is some photos of the VR180 Vickers dozers Diggerdozer has . I think there was only about 900 of these machines bult .
100_1876.jpg

100_1877.jpg

100_2072.jpg

100_2073.jpg

100_2074.jpg

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
I emailed Rqand and no response yet, I am speaking to a fellow from Melbourne who knowsa crowd who refit pumps , so that may be a shot as well besides another crowd in the UK that is also suppose to refit these pumps
Have you tried these people? JDM Industries.25 Godber Rd, Eltham Victoria 3095. 0394385291

ianoz

Hi , Scrubpuller , I know the blue one came from the southern Highlands of NSW . I think the other one did come from QLD somewhere .

Diggerdozer

Occupation
Yes Ian is correct, the yellow one came from Mundubbera , where there was another machine as well. That went out west as I understand

Diggerdozer

Occupation
On a Rolls engine I am looking at the engine number appears to be AU600G1B" (could be "C1B") and "Model - A59-20 does anyone know thedifference as my engine number starts with C6 CLF ???

Diggerdozer

Occupation
MBTRAC and VINTEX , what other options are available , and what model Honda fire fighter did the job , one quote so far is $1100 , so Auto Surplus in Victoria having ago presently , Have another to do so anyone got any other option s

thankyou