• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Versatile 875

DBoser53

Occupation
Retired
Dear forum,

I am new to the Heavy Equipment Forum but need some help with 1979 Versatile 875. I know it 79 due to the S/N of the tractor but I do have the s/n for the engine at this time. I have owned this unit for about four years and when I purchased it, the dealer said it smokes a little all the time due the pump recently being setup. I have talked to a Cummins agent and he says first set the injectors then the cross heads and finally valves. When I tried to locate info on setting the injectors I came across two different types. Is there any way to know what I need to use ahead of time before setting the injectors ?

icestationzebra

I can't help you, but suggest you include any info on the engine you do have to help others. A quick search says they had a Cummins NT-855-A280. Sounds like the later ones got a big cam engine, not sure when the break was. ISZ

DBoser53

Occupation
Retired
875 Versatile

I can't help you, but suggest you include any info on the engine you do have to help others. A quick search says they had a Cummins NT-855-A280. Sounds like the later ones got a big cam engine, not sure when the break was. ISZ

Thank you for the reply. In the reading I have done since this post, it is imperative that I get the S/N off the engine as there were so many variations to the 855 over the years.

Thanks again for your reply. As soon as I get the S/N ( 500 miles away and it COLD now ) I will re post.