• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer T455 Undercarriage Parts

tcrgunier

Hey, I'm on the hunt for Vermeer T455 UC parts. At this point, I'm coming up short on the idlers, sprockets, and track adjusters. I can't for the life of me find any supplier of them. Even Vermeer is telling me it would be a 145 to 165 day wait. how is that possible. Who supplied these parts for Vermeer. I've talked to Berco, ITR, Valuepart, Intertrack, etc. and no one has an answer on this. Someone, somewhere, has to carry this stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Starting to see this all over in all industries. Parts on what WE would consider not very old in severely low inventory or not at all. Had a Member here looking for Case rails, idlers and such, no go thru Case on a not so old machine, no one else either as suppliers were not able to procure inventory. Local Quarry cannot get tires for a number of Cat rubber tired loaders, "Obsolete Size" was the response on a ten year old machine. I am not sure I like the sounds of it expanding.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
It's called "manufacture on demand", 6 months to get tracks from Berco plus 3months to freight for my machine thats 9 years old. The other alternative is to by from OEM and get screwed by them..

nowing75

We have a t455 and never had a problem with uc. I thought it was the same as a d3 dozer. As far as idler and sprocket they are different but never had a problem getting them. Now the rest of the machine is getting diffacault to get parts for.

tcrgunier

We have a t455 and never had a problem with uc. I thought it was the same as a d3 dozer. As far as idler and sprocket they are different but never had a problem getting them. Now the rest of the machine is getting diffacault to get parts for.
Yeah. The chain isn't hard to find at all. It's those damn idlers and sprockets. You say you haven't had any problem finding them. Would you mind sharing any sources? I'm can't find anything for the life of me.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I had huge problems with Berco idlers on my Rayco, they would last a 1000 hrs. Changed to the same size idler from Komatsu and they're still good after 2500 hrs. :)