• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

Redwood Climber

What a Beauty!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the BU 199. She's a beauty! She does need a coat of paint but what a machine! Everything about her is all about work. Takes me back about 27 years......how I wish I could hear her ROAR!! one more time.

caycusion

Thanks for posting the pictures of the BU 199. She's a beauty! She does need a coat of paint but what a machine! Everything about her is all about work. Takes me back about 27 years......how I wish I could hear her ROAR!! one more time.
listen closely to your beer can....it might be made out of that yarder

TorkelH

Hello Camptramp!
Thank you for the BU-199 pictures! Is this the same yarder as in #2583? And are you able to read the serial number from the original picture or maybe get it from Mr. Brian Dickson? I'm pretty sure this yarder belonged to Mike Graves before it came to Vancouver Island from Alaska and that it originally was a Louisiana Pacific-yarder from northern California. I'm also sure it was one of the first one made because the primary chain drive housing was redesigned in 1976.

Last edited:

HDX

Been busy moving things here and there Nothing as exciting as the lowbed trailer fires caycusian posts. We run water on our brakes and that kind of prevents that sort of thing from happening.IMG_3709.jpgIMG_3711.jpgIMG_3712.jpgIMG_3713.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Nice stuff....The CZ truck has a interesting look with out the water tank/canopy on it.I think I can see the fuel tank still hiding behind the cab..