• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Used 1845C

caseaddict01

A friend of mine just bought a 2001 Case 1845C (just like the mine) from an auction (suppose to be from a divorce settlement) anyhow, it was previous owned by a small local paving company, I know this because it still has their company name on the lift arm. The machine has 1956 hours on it and has never been repainted and seems to be in great shape well other than needing tires and a new seat, but my concern is the fact that is was used in the paving business. Do you think the machine would be more likely to have been damage doing this type of work more than any other? In total with fees he has $9,400 invested in the machine. Thanks

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
A friend of mine just bought a 2001 Case 1845C (just like the mine) from an auction (suppose to be from a divorce settlement) anyhow, it was previous owned by a small local paving company, I know this because it still has their company name on the lift arm. The machine has 1956 hours on it and has never been repainted and seems to be in great shape well other than needing tires and a new seat, but my concern is the fact that is was used in the paving business. Do you think the machine would be more likely to have been damage doing this type of work more than any other? In total with fees he has $9,400 invested in the machine. Thanks

I have never seen any damage done by using a machine in asphalt. The bucket may get asphalt build up inside of it, nothing which effects the operation of the machine. Sounds like he got a good deal.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
When I had my 8875 I did asphalt work with it, and KSSS is correct you get build up on the bucket but the only thing we found was that it was hard on the tires, the work I found was easier on the machine than some of the dirt works we did. there the tires don't wear but get cut to crap........if anything the asphalt work was good cause nothing will ever rust after LOL .......GK

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
If you got a Case 1845C with less than 2000 hours for 9400 bucks you got a deal. These machines just get more valuable everyday it seems. They set the standard for a long time. Good power, good push, don't jump and buck like lots of other skidsteers, including sister Case machines.