• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

upgrading my 773

ctkiteboarding

sold the 773:D got a good number for it so off she goes, looking for a replacement, nothing new but im trying to stick with machines 600hrs more or less, similar size maybe even a case if a good year/model is out there , any suggestion?? who owns what and why do you like it? thanks in advance:usa

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Try a CASE 440. They can be had with Servo's or Pilot controls. Its a radial lift machine where your BC was vertical, but its lift capacity is more inline with the S220. The 440 has got great power, ruggedly built, it can be narrowed down to 63". I think this is my favorite machine of all time and I have had a lot of them.

ctkiteboarding

thanks for the input, im looking at a 2007 430 190hr homeowner type, machine pretty clean , guy want 23500, im at 20k
also looked at a 2004 75xt 168 hrs contractor with 2 skids and no work, 21k i offered him 18k , what do you think of these machines? anyone own one? and have put a few thousand hrs on them?

L&W

Robbie,
Im thinking selling my 773 or my 743 and upgrading. maybe trading both in. thinking bobcat s250 . little more than what you want to spend, 25k up to 32k with under 500 hrs. thats with cab, heat a/c.need bigger machine for snow pushing. im sure youve been checking mach. trader. lots of machines out there.Know you like your case,s See you out on the water soon!
Leigh

ctkiteboarding

hey leigh,, I bought a 2007 435 with 150 hrs hi-flow, ride control, upgraded controls but no cab for 17500, dropped off the 773 today ,sad and glad .. it was time, there is a xt75 in nj loaded 20k 130hrs, i was thinking about it but 2500 bucks more and a few years older i offered him 17k he declined ,, lots of deals still out there be careful the stealerships are back in full force talking lots of cash for iron private guys still cant give away look ,look and look some more you can save 10k easy

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
I was wondering, where or what you use to locate these machines? Are they found by word of mouth, internet (where on the net), I have been wearing out the net looking and I can find hudreds from dealers, which are all basically the same price, but very few individuals with machines for sale. I am getting tired of talking to dealers that dont want to haggle.

ctkiteboarding

pretty much everywhere cl, ebay, m-trader ,equip finder , dealers , hell i even go on the finance co. web sites they have iron sitting at yards all over.
just keep looking and call ,call, call but be informed ,, thats why i love this site lots of very knowledgeable people that are willing to help fill in the gaps ,, it makes things much much easier,
it takes some time but if you not in a huge rush and have cash on hand the deal will show up , the local dealer is a great shop good people and very helpful , i have purchased from them for 20 years and even after a phone convo or two they confirmed it would be a good buy and i should go for it and they would service it as if i bought it new from them , gotta support the local shops as well because a machine is only as good as the shop behind it i feel, fingers crossed on this SS, i haven't put my own eyes on it so only time will tell

dave esterns

hmmm, case 440 series 3 are expensive. the 440 was originally what got me interested in case. i definitely respect these machines. you would probably miss the vertical lift. oh, and the fuel economy. a 440 would eat the same amount of fuel for breakfast as the 773 would all week!

im not so much interested in case any more since the new models are not simply revised old models like they should have been. and man that 440 cab is sooo cramped.

i dont think you could go wrong buying a s185 or s205; a little bit more performance in the same package.

stuvecorp

hmmm, case 440 series 3 are expensive. the 440 was originally what got me interested in case. i definitely respect these machines. you would probably miss the vertical lift. oh, and the fuel economy. a 440 would eat the same amount of fuel for breakfast as the 773 would all week!

im not so much interested in case any more since the new models are not simply revised old models like they should have been. and man that 440 cab is sooo cramped.

i dont think you could go wrong buying a s185 or s205; a little bit more performance in the same package.

The 440S3 is wicked awesome, it does drink fuel but there are a lot of horses to feed. The 430S3 has a smaller engine so it's better on fuel if that is important or maybe the 420S3 is another option? The Case cab is like they designed it for me, I fit perfect and don't care for these bigger cabs.

ctkiteboarding

agreed on the new machine design , they have to see some battle time to prove themselves , we have a s185 on site thats at 1500hrs and ill say its not my favorite machine , it seems to be in the shop often, hell the 773 would fill in for it often , myself and a few others wanted to sell the s185 and keep the 773 but i dont own the s185 thanks god for that, the last bobcat dealer repair bill ,, WOW..... thats the other reason i bought the case 435