• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Universal machine repair??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneconcepts

Hi
Has any one used this company? We recently sent a spindle in for rebuilding and now they won't answer calls or return messages. All these websites are associated with them hopefully we didn't get ripped off :/
http://www.umrservices.com/
http://www.universalmachinerepair.net/contact-us.html
http://universalmetalrefinery.com/

They also claim
UMR services is a proud member of the National Tooling & Machining Association www.ntma.org
But when contacted they are not a member

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Matt

Stoneconcepts

Do not use this company!!! Please make this a sticky!!! This company is a rip off!!! The claim to repair parts but are just recieving them and scrapping them for metal and parts> we sent a guy to their headquarters and its just a dirt little garage full of old parts waiting to be scrapped please share with everyone so no one else has this happen to them

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi Matt, sorry to hear of your trouble with this company! Did you get your part back!

Stoneconcepts

No we did not get it back. we reported them to the FBI and Cops. we also sent a freind down there and its a little dirty garage with 3 guys that can barely speak english. The office is empty with only a phone on the floor. I hope these low lifes get busted and serve some time!!

joispoi

If they sent you anything by US Mail, you can get the postal police involved as well. Get a lawyer and sue them for your loss, aggravation, punitive damages and whatever else you can think of.

ktrmachine

He has now taken one of our customers for their spindle and $7K. He was just at an aviation trade show in Dallas last weekend. We are going after them full boar with criminal charges, etc.

copperone

They are definitely rip-off artists. They have some of our tooling and wanted to charge over 30K, and for repairs that were not needed or authorized. The same parts are 16K new. Currently they are holding them hostage demanding payment. I hope we can get enough info out so that other people don't loose money and equipment dealing with Universal Machine Repair.

ktrmachine

They are definitely rip-off artists. They have some of our tooling and wanted to charge over 30K, and for repairs that were not needed or authorized. The same parts are 16K new. Currently they are holding them hostage demanding payment. I hope we can get enough info out so that other people don't loose money and equipment dealing with Universal Machine Repair.
We have an open police report with the Houston police department. They had a guy Chuck take the spindle and do the work, only because our client's salesman in Houston went and confronted them. the spindle still does not work right and Chuck states we have to pay for his flight to come look at it and Mark will no longer respond to anything. My advise is to go to the Houston PD (they will also say you need to file a report in your city). If they get enough reports, maybe they will truly investigate.

ktrmachine

We are also going to post on CNC Zone about them to hopefully keep others from going to them. If everyone would do this, maybe it would help.

copperone

We are also going to post on CNC Zone about them to hopefully keep others from going to them. If everyone would do this, maybe it would help.

Thank you for sharing that information.

I created this post on cnczone, http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnczone_club_house/152975-universal_machine_repair_-_bad.html

Please, everyone who has been defrauded, add your comments. Like ktrmachine said hopefully we can stop others from going to them.

Perhaps we will file a report. We have alerted the NTMA, and are emailing all the companies they claim to do work with to let them know their logo's and names are being used without, I am sure, with their permission.

Thank you again to all who have shared their experiences!

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
should set up a auto dailer and just keep calling them so they cant answer the phone and rip anyone else off

Tom Viar

Occupation
Mfg. Mgr.
Cnc repair houston

[
Looking for someone to repair Mazak CNC Lathes & Mills. Any suggestion? I'm in Houston.
Was going to call Universal Machine Repair before I saw your post.

Has anyone used Steer Services LLC?

QUOTE=Stoneconcepts;346644]No we did not get it back. we reported them to the FBI and Cops. we also sent a freind down there and its a little dirty garage with 3 guys that can barely speak english. The office is empty with only a phone on the floor. I hope these low lifes get busted and serve some time!![/QUOTE]

IMMguy

Mark Mitchel at Universal Machine Repair is a crook and liar. I am not gonna get into detail why I know this, but please BELIEVE me. Do not deal with this joke of a company. He will lie about anything and everything to get you to send parts to him and hold them hostage until you pay him and the work you pay for WILL not be done at all. He is a major con artist taking advantage of companies who need help. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not fall for his bulls**t. I know for a fact the Houston Police Department know this guy is bad news. Everything bad you read or hear about this company is true and anything otherwise is very false.

D & S Neo-Tech

Apparently these guys are still in business. They have a ball screw that we sent them to be re-loaded and I can't get him to return my calls since he said it shipped, but we still don't have the ball screw.

knallen

this company ripped us for 25000 ..mark is not a man of integrity...i believe he may be a web hacker also..

Hardmetals

UMR (Mark Mitchell) is a crook, scam artist, gypsy, etc...
Do not use this company for anything. His web page is deceiving, his shop is a dirty warehouse/storage unit. If you call any of his numbers listed on his web page they are all routed through Houston, no offices just phone lines. We called the number to the closest division listed on his site and he suggested sending our spindle to his Houston facility because his tech's there were more qualified for what we needed.
Here's the low down: He quoted us a fair price and a great turn time but after he had possession of the spindle the price started to go up and up and up and ofcoarse he didn't hit the lead-time. A few weeks into it, he called and stated the job was complete and needed a wire or ACH to release shipment. BAD MISTAKE, we were suckered into sending payment. 3 days later I called for tracking info and that's when he said there was a problem, it didn't ship and that he would call in a few ours and explain everything to me. Never heard from him and he wouldn't return my calls, texts, or emails. Two days later we were forced to call a PI to track him down. Funny thing was is the PI new him and had tracked him down a few months earlier to serve him for a similar case. We eventually got ahold of him and he wasn't anywhere near complete. Luckily we eventually got our spindle after paying double. We ran it for less than 24 hours and it seized up. We sent it to the OEM for evaluation and repair and they basically told us that nothing that was stated or quoted was not performed. We are in the process of starting legal action to hopefully recuperate some funds and damage his supplier base. All of his sub's that he stated performed work will also be included.
Bottom line is DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for anything.
Hopefully this will save someone out there the headache and pain we went through.

prestigebonato

Hello we are from Florida and they got our spindle to repair... we wire 4500, same thing ......did not receive the spindle back. Do you have anymore info about them. They are ROTOMEK now. We will file a small claim against them tomorrow. If you have any information please contact us 727 581-1220. We really appreciate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.