• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

turicks

gary

I was asked by my boss to locate a tub grinder for rent. Trouble is after spending nearly all day, I still could not find any one who rents them. Does anyone know who might rent tub grinders?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Have you tried dealers? I've never had any experience with tub grinders, but it seems like no matter what type of equipment you're talking about, a dealer always has a unit he can rent to you. I imagine if you search for "tub grinder" on the web, you'll get returns of manufacturer's sites, and in turn they'll list their local dealers.

Or have you already tried that and come up empty?

gary

tub grinder

I have tried dealers from jersey to penna to albany. it seems that in the past, the machines would be rented for say 15,000 a month and come back with 50,000 in damage. I should also add that I am located in Sullivan county, NY about 90 mi. north of NYC. Thanks.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Have you tried Pine Bush Equipment? They're not too far from you and rent just about anything you can imagine. I know I've seen screen plants for rent there. Give them a call.

gary

I've tried pine bush, vermeer, w.m.bier in albany, and about 44 other places that rent equipment or sell it. thanks

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I have tried dealers from jersey to penna to albany. it seems that in the past, the machines would be rented for say 15,000 a month and come back with 50,000 in damage.

It sounds like the dealers are running into renters who subscribe to the "beat it like a rented mule" philosophy.

Maybe the next step then is to consider that you may need to hire one, that comes with somebody responsible to operate it. The dealers should know who they sold to, and be able to hook you up. It may cost you more in the end, but if you gotta have one...

PSDF350

I would also suggest hiring one. But in truth i dont think it would cost more, just for the simple fact that you will be hiring people experienced with the machines which means no learning curve. So job will get done much faster. That is also why they are comming back with so much damage. People rent them but really have no clue what they should or should not be doing with it.