• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tub grinder for stumps

queen of spades

I'm looking at clearing 5 acres of pines with a few 12" size sweetgums mixed in - and lots of saplings. Can tub grinders be rented from CAT or are there companies that will operate the machinery if I feet it stumps all day? Planning to use a 326 size excavator and a D5 with rake for the brush & roots.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I am sure there are grinding companies in the ATL area. However the grinding companies here won't let anyone load their machines, they bring in a hoe. Personally I wouldn't want to load the grinder, if something goes in the grinder it shouldn't then it's a hefty repair bill. Better to let the grinding company load their machine.:cool2

As far as rental you might want to check the dealers who sell them, some have a rental program. Thompson over here doesn't rent them but Yancey might.

I guess you can't burn even with a trench burner or air curtain?

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
I think Yancey is a Bandit Horizontal dealer now.

hetkind

I would talk with a mulch processing company, they already have the equipment AND a market for the chips. They might work a deal where they bring on grinder on to your worksite, process the material, haul off the chips and supply the labor.

Howard