• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truckers Daughter

SookeOG

Hello, I’m Jody Eve from Sooke BC (now in Alberta). I found the forum while researching my family history. “Sooke River Logging” was the criteria used when I stumbled upon it. I come from a long line of loggers and recall the days of one log loads.
My grandfather, Edwin Eve, Sr., had Peatt and Eve Logging (with co-owner Ernie Peatt) and then owned Sooke River Logging until the company was dissolved in 1968 after he passed away while on the job at the age of 57. My Dad started working in the industry in 1956 at the age of 14. He started his own company, B.A. Eve Trucking, in 1963 and logged in the Sooke area until 1981. He continues as owner/operator of (now) Eve Trucking, at 81 years old.
I research our family history and Sooke history in general and share my findings with him. He loves to “talk shop” and always has his two cents to add. His memory is sharp and his stories are abundant.
Thank you for sharing your stories and photos of Sooke and Vancouver Island logging! It’s been quite the trip down memory lane and has made an old man very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpeg
    IMG_0810.jpeg
    921.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5175.jpeg
    IMG_5175.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3564.jpeg
    IMG_3564.jpeg