• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

trivia question, diesel's with spark plugs

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
What piece(s) of heavy equipment came from the factory with spark plugs, carborators, and injectors, and injection pumps? I know of four.

Last edited:

DPete

Everthing Cat made with pony motors which was everything til the 60's, and some IH's that started on gas the ran on diesel

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I wasn't thinking of the pony motors that ran on gas that started the diesel, but rather the ih's that has two complete fuel systems. md's, td6,td9, farmall 600. Those were the ones I was thinking of.

DPete

Ya, I figured that's what you meant but I could'nt pass up a chance to be a smart azz. :D

OneWelder

International started on gas, then switched to diesel, I believe these were built in the thirtys and designated UD or TD - Changed to stright diesel in early sixtys

bentwrench

I have an old gas tank that came off of a Case farm tractor. An 'Ol Timer that I grew up around was a Case tractor dealer years ago. He always called it a dies-oline tank, probably holds acouple gallons. It sure has made a good test tank for running gas engines on farm tractors, motorcyles, & ATV's when tore down.

OneWelder

A lot of Manufactures offered tractors with which could burn distillate fuel, which was high grade kerosene.
These were gas engines, but had things like sheet metal around intake to warm it as well as an extra small gas tank for starting