• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Traveling

I've got a volvo EC460Blc excavator I'm having issue with it decelerating and bogging down when I'm traveling in the auto mode, I replaced pilot pressure switch and still having issues everything else working fine..any help will be much appreciated, and where can I get a repair manuals.

uffex

Good day
I would suggest that the problem can be from two sources, the travel demands an increase in pressure and power. A engine that has reduced power output will create this issue, switching to manual mode reduce the power demand to some thing like 70% this will reduce the possibility of engine load when crawling. A fault with the ECU or ECU input can have adverse effects this will most likely show up with a error code. Suggest you check out fuel feed - fuel contaimination - turbo pressure and move on to electronics.
Kind regards
Uffex

Hey Uffex, yea I got a error code and finally found out what the code was, 187 1190 4 and 5, it's comes up as proportion valve. I'm hoping that is the problem. I talked to the operator and he was telling me they did change fuel filters when it did it last time so I will do that and see what this proportion valvery is and how it works

uffex

Good day Bullrider69310
The proportional valve prevents engine overload you will find this in the pump house if you need the info to check this out come back to us.
KR
Uffex

Ben Witter

The engine is a Volvo D12 not a Cummins. The code is for the proportional valve. It could be short to ground on the high side(pin VA5 ont the VECU0 short to batt voltage on the low side(pin VA32) or open circuit. The first place to check for problems is the auto/manual switch. Then check for continuity through the circuit. The spec for the valve is 17.5 ohms. You can call your Volvo dealer and ask for schematics, they may comply if you are buying parts from them.

This error will cause engine overload issues when in auto mode and under high load.