• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transmission light and buzzer

divedigger

I have a 1992 943 with 7700 hrs on and it has set for about 3 years and everything works but the transmission and horn buzzer continiue to go off while running. Is there a switch on transmission that is stuck since the oil is cold and the machine operates fine? Thanks

divedigger

I doubled checked and when i turn master key on the light flashes only but when it starts both the light and buzzer comes on. Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I think you're going to have to start tracing wiring. It sounds as though the trans temp warning is going off. This will not sound the buzzer until the engine starts.

I'll see if I can dig up an electrical schematic for it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'll see if I can dig up an electrical schematic for it.
So the bad news is that there isn't one.

However I found the details on the 8N2248 transmission temperature switch. It is mounted on the transmission oil pan and what is interesting is that it is normally closed, only opening if the temperature rises above 102 DegC.

So either the switch has failed (easy enough to check) or there is a break somewhere in the wiring between the switch and the warning light panel. Back to my earlier comment about the possibility of rodents nibbling the wiring...........

1710343786852.png