• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transformer Hauler

excavator

I thought I'd post a couple of pics of a transformer trailer that a good friend of mine just finished building. A few specs that I can remember, 64 tires, 14'6" wide, dollies can go to approx. 20' wide and up to 70' in the well. The bed and necks were built by a trailer manufacturer in B.C., the running gear was built in his shop.

Attachments

• 7-1-09 067.jpg
    7-1-09 067.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 909
  • 7-1-09 073.jpg
    7-1-09 073.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 904
  • 7-1-09 077.jpg
    7-1-09 077.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 895
  • 7-1-09 069.jpg
    7-1-09 069.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 905
  • 7-1-09 081.jpg
    7-1-09 081.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 894

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Sweet Jeez! thats freakin awesome. :notworthy

What sort of weight is that monster designed to carry?

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
with something that big it would have a rear pusher motor, or do they just put a push tractor there

kanewolf

With the title of this thread and the new movie out in the US, I expected to see Optimus Prime.... That trailer is almost big enough :)

excavator

It was built to haul up to 125 ton although while testing it they loaded it with 150 ton of concrete blocks just to see what it would do. Worked fine. Yes Tonka, it's set up for a push truck.JDOFMEMI, it's funny you say that. When they finished the trailer they drove it over to this hay company yard to do the testing,ect. They called the state DOT to come and inspect it and one of the officers called his superviser and told them they were inspecting a large hay trailer. The really bumb thing was the supervisor told them to go home because they could not inspect a trailer unless they had pulled it over for an infraction. Trying to do it right and get it inspected before being used but the government knows better.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
That supervisor must have his head stuffed right up there where only a proctologist could find it. That's just sad, I had a friend here who was driving his truck from Vermont to Florida and called up the DOT and they came down and went through the truck for him. Made life a bunch easier for him not having to worry. I'd be calling the commander of that DOT with a name and getting some answers.

Raildudes dad

I work for the local county highway agency and we "build" our own snow removal trucks. We buy the cab & chassis and install the box underbody scraper, plow frames etc. Our trucks have to be inspected by Motor carrier Division of the State Police before we are allowed to register, plate them and put them on the road.

crash935

Occupation
Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
Our trucks have to be inspected by Motor carrier Division of the State Police before we are allowed to register, plate them and put them on the road.

They have them signed off by the State Police because K.C. doesnt have anyone certified to sign off on them. I worked for a shop on the south end of town building trucks for cities around us and the shop was cetified to sign off on the documents for a incomplete chassis once we were done building it and never had to have a officer stop by to check them.

Chaz Murray

I did not think that 16 tire groups were allowed in Oregon/Washington/PNW? Or is it allowed because it is so wide and considered a dual lane loader?