• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

trailer brake problems

05rammer

I recently bought a used tandem 10,000lb axle gooseneck trailer. The brakes were shot when I bought it so I replaced the brake assemble, didn't replace the drums. I am having problems with them working, they are adjusted properly. With my truck, I have a Prodigy P3 brake controller, I can just barely feel the brakes work when I hit the pedal, the controller is turned all the way up, if I hit the slide they will lock up. My cousin has a newer truck with a built in controller he used it and they seemed to work with his truck just fine. I have never had any issues with my controller working on any other trailer. We did check all the wiring and grounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been raking my brain over this for a while now.

hosspuller

Sounds like your controller is the issue. Before calling Tekonsha. Try resetting the controller. Unplug the controller from the truck at the back of the unit. If that doesn't solve the issue.... call for help.