• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track problems d6d

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Check your front idler is it shimmed correctly.

dennis sanders

New front idler....i didnt install it but when i raise the tracks with the ripper and blade the idler seems to have side play....track goes back on by rotating track a few turns

dennis sanders

Im just operating this tractor ...sold it to the owner....are all bottom rollers the same....they are telling me every other roller is a double flange....they are leaning toward a bent track frame....

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The bottom rollers should be a mix of single and double flange but even if they are all single flange rollers the track should not come off the rollers. Maybe the owner is "leaning towards a bent track frame" (which is highly unlikely BTW) but there are probably half a dozen steps that need to be checked before getting to the track frame, not least of which is the shimming/adjustment of the front idler. That should be the first thing to check before moving further to things like the equalizer bar and track frame pivots.

dennis sanders

The bottom rollers should be a mix of single and double flange but even if they are all single flange rollers the track should not come off the rollers. Maybe the owner is "leaning towards a bent track frame" (which is highly unlikely BTW) but there are probably half a dozen steps that need to be checked before getting to the track frame, not least of which is the shimming/adjustment of the front idler. That should be the first thing to check before moving further to things like the equalizer bar and track frame pivots.

Vetech63

It maybe your rails are worn. If they are bad or severely worn, they may snake off the lower rollers, and come off the idler. Just a thought

dennis sanders

I worked it today and noticed the right front is leaning out. ..i know when it gets off the bottom rollers and use the ripper and blade to raise the tracks off the ground.....couple of turns and it gets back under the rollers.....lucky it doesnt walk off the top rollers or idler. ..something is letting the track frame move out to the right.

dennis sanders

All this started when the wishbone came down....walked the track off the sprocket....the owner got the wishbone back up and replaced all rollers...new idler ànd mounting....im thinking this probably caused the wishbone to come down..

oldrusty

i bet the carrier on the outside of the dead axle is worn allowing the swing frame to crowfoot. underneath the plate on the outside of the final drive is a carrier with a bushing in it. if it gets worn the track frame will crowfoot and the track will come off of the front idler.

StanRUS

i bet the carrier on the outside of the dead axle is worn allowing the swing frame to crowfoot. underneath the plate on the outside of the final drive is a carrier with a bushing in it. if it gets worn the track frame will crowfoot and the track will come off of the front idler.
The NUT that retains the carrier could be loose.

stars&bars44

Occupation
Earthmoving
Are there bushings back there where the wishbone connects? Ours has them and they've broken and come out allowing some movement. I'd check idler and make sure it's shimmed up properly and equalizer bar as well. Should see if it's moving around. Look for shiny metal.