• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Towing a 580 sk

Tunneldigger

Occupation
Farmer with a job in town
A friend of my son has a 580 sk at my place with a font wheel bearing out. It has resided here for 3 years. I want it gone and am wanting to take my hoe and tow it back to him. Will i hurt anything by doing this? This is about 4 miles.

hosspuller

Depends... Do you care if further damage is done? How out is out? Noisy or locked up? What speed will it be towed ? If the wheel falls off, can you continue?

Tunneldigger

Occupation
Farmer with a job in town
I am going to pick the front end up I am just wondering about doing damage to the rear end. I got him a parts list to order but he is too tight. It sat in my shop for over a year. I have enough stuff to do.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
as long you put the gearbox IN Neutral It shouldn't be an issue. the machine will roll free.. just make sure you can get that machine to the next location safely