• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

torque specs

diggindave

Hey there,
I have this MDI Yutani-120 sn# YP-0576 with a 4D31 Mitsubishi engine. I just put new main & rod bearings in it and need torque specs on motor to bolt her back together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I have the manual for a 4D31 in a CAT E70B on compact disc. PM me your email address and I will see if the PDF file can be send. It's 472 pages. Not sure it will send. Each sections torque values are buried in those 472 pages. I tried to scan the general torque values pages, but it isn't readable.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:

Tinkerer

I have the manual for a 4D31 in a CAT E70B on compact disc. PM me your email address and I will see if the PDF file can be send. It's 472 pages. Not sure it will send. Each sections torque values are buried in those 472 pages. I tried to scan the general torque values pages, but it isn't readable.
hugs, Brandi

472 pages can't be sent in an email. Emails have a limit on the size of files you can send. Compressing the pages to a zip file won't work either unless you reduce the number of pages.
If you have a smartphone, take photos of the torque value pages and post them here.

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I emailed it to myself and it worked. It's only 37mb.
Just need an email address in a PM.
hugs, Brandi

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
This manual I have is frustating. I gather it was Japanese and translated. Little table of contents for the whole file and no index, so looking up each torgue for an engine takes a while to find.
hugs, Brandi

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I'm glad it worked. My mail server has 20mb size limit. Very frustrating when I try to help someone.
I don't understand it. My saved file says it is 27,198 KB. But when I emailed it, the window said it was 37 MB. Why the huge different?
hugs, Brandi

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Hey there,
I have this MDI Yutani-120 sn# YP-0576 with a 4D31 Mitsubishi engine. I just put new main & rod bearings in it and need torque specs on motor to bolt her back together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
DDave,
Thanks for your email. I hope you get the file. Also, where did you buy your 4d31 parts? I am sure someone else here (or future here) would love to know also.
hugs, Brandi

diggindave

I found my parts on EBay. I just typed in a search for "Mitsubishi 4D31 gasket kit "and it brought up the bearings as well. I purchased the higher end brands. My mechanic says they seem to be good quality. We are just having a bit of a time trying to find out how tight to bolt'em on. I'm in good company with this forum and making progress.

diggindave

Hey just figured out how to open the rest of that file! I'm not very "tech savvy" but yes, I am able to pull up any one of the 420 pages of the Mitsubishi 4d31 service manual. Can't wait to stich her back up tomorrow! Thanks again to all of y'all that helped!

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Dave,
Glad I could help! I also have a paper copy of the 4D31C and 4D31CT parts manual.
hugs, Brandi