• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Torque hub ?

bdmb

What would cause these cracks on this cover? Thinking about v the outside cracks and weld or use JB weld.
000_0134.JPG 000_0135.JPG Notice no markings on the tag, anyone be able to guess a model number. Thanks.
1997 Genie Z 45/22 with a kabota motor

Last edited:

crane operator

I would guess they've been shoving it around with a telehandler forklift on a jobsite when its stuck, bumping the cover and cracking it. If you weld it, I would then cover the weld with a smear of jb in case the weld gets any contamination from the oil on the cover.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
A lot of those torque hubs are timed and if the planet pinions in the carrier aren't lined up right it won't slide in properly. I wonder if someone previous had it a tooth off and tried to jam the cover on with the bolts?

bdmb

A lot of those torque hubs are timed and if the planet pinions in the carrier aren't lined up right it won't slide in properly. I wonder if someone previous had it a tooth off and tried to jam the cover on with the bolts?
Sounds logical, I was thinking to thick of shims inside. Picked up this machine at rb auction in 2016 and just got around to looking into the hubs. This one was siliconed inside and out and still leaked.