• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

To buy or not to buy 680 CK backhoe?

Brenainn

Occupation
Bricklayer
Didnt buy it

I went down there with the low bed and was ready to bring the ol girl home. It ran great, hyd good, seemed real good except brakes. Went to load it on the low bed and it wouldnt drive up the ramp. I was so bummed. I guess the next hoe I look at I'll have to try a drive power test like push a tree over or something. She just didnt have the sack to go up the ramp. I dont know if the torque convertewr was smoked or what:Banghead The machine wheeled around good on flat ground just doesnt like hill, no good for me, So I'm still looking. Thanks for all the help!

IH270A

Does that thing have a range transmission .... did it actually slip , or just lug down , if it even started nd run , in low range it should have had no problem loading, just my opinion

Brenainn

Occupation
Bricklayer
Hi IH, by range trans, do you mean hi/lo? I tried all gears. I also had the truck driver give it a shot, hes pretty good with many different kinds of equipment. The motor didnt bog down it just went up about a foot and then no more. I could have pushed it up onto the trailer with the hoe but at that point I just got this sinking feeling like I was making a horrible mistake :pointhead I agree it should have no problem loading and it did so thats why I left it there. I'm looking at a John Deere today, supposedly it has good power, I'm going to put it through some tests before I buy it. Same money, smaller machine, less fixin more diggin :D

jcmarleau

680ck

Hey guys, Ive been looking at buying a Csae 680 CK backhoe. I will finalize most likely on Monday :beatsme Its a nice looking machine, some broken glass on the cab, some rust but pretty decent overall. It runs and digs good. Only thing is I cant find hardly any info on the 680. There is a ton of info on the 580 and parts listings but the 680 seems scarce. Why?? I always thought that bigger was better? Can someone please explain to me why theres no info and parts avail for this machine. It would be great if you could throw in some links to website and parts suppliers for this machine. I'll post a couple pics here when I figure this out, thanks for the help, B

I do have some used parts for this 680CK for sale and also part manual. jcmarleau@aol.com

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
I have bought lots of parts from jcmarleau. He has a very good background with Case and has always been honest to deal with. Phil:)