• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tires to Tracks General Performance

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I currently have a Case 450 tire machine that has plenty of power to do everything I need but, I am looking at trading for a Kubota SVL 75-2 track machine. My question is, will the Kubota 75hp track have the same real world performance as the Case 450 tire machine? The specs are close but 15 hp is a big difference.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
There are just some inherent differences between a wheeled machine and tracks. I have one of each (SV300 wheels and TR340 Track) Both 90 hp similar lift capacity, same OEM, but vastly different characteristics. Like Swanny says not enough info to answer that really. The best thing is to demo the Kubota and see what you think. I like the track machine for pushing material, working in wet ground and so forth, there are some applications where they are just what you need. They simply are more efficient at putting the power to the ground. However there are jobs that are better with wheels than tracks. Your 450 is a fast cycling machine and is quick moving around a job site. The tracked machine will be slower functioning, slower and with more vibration when moving it around. However it will do better pushing through a pile and working in soft ground. You wont have the hydraulic hp that your CASE has, but again depending on application that may not be important. I have run several different 75 hp track machines and came to the conclusion they are not for my operation. Simply not productive enough, they don't have power to multifunction very well. I found for me I needed the high hp track machine even if I have to deal with DEF, your mileage may differ. I liked the no def solution but at the end of the day I still need to get things done in a timely manner.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I use the skid around the ranch for all kinds of things. The attachments I have are a grapple, post hole digger, post driver, tree shear, tree puller, 72" brush cutter, tooth bucket and There might be something I'm forgetting. I also use it to move hay. I'm a little worried it will be slower on stacking hay in the barn.
I was set on a used one but my dealer made me a deal on a new one that seems pretty good. He is gonna let me demo one to see if I like it.

I also have a set of OTT's for the 450 when it gets wet. I really want a better cab and vertical lift.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I think what I need is my head examined for looking at a new machine!!