• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thought yall might like these BIG ONES

darkarts

I was looking through some of the older posts, and rollingon corp came up. in my travels in the past i came across one of them up for auction... I thought it was interesting enough to call about however I couldn't marshall the funds for it at the time. I regret not being able to get it...but... all's well....

This is what was posted about it on the government website:
1993 ROLLIGON 4X4 ARTICULATED AMPHIBIOUS DITCHER, 8.3L CUMMINS ENGINE, MARINE GRADE ALTERNATOR AND STARTER 72X68 28V4 KEVLAR REINFORCED TIRES, AC, CATEGORY 2 THREE POINT HITCH, REAR HYDRAULIC DRIVE, DOUBLE DIPPED GALVANIZED FRAME, CORROSION RESISTENT "COPON" COATING ON ENGINE, STAINLESS STEEL HYDRAULIC OIL COOLER, JOYSTICK CONTROLS, TRANSMISSION WAS REPLACED 08/2001 AND ENGINE WAS REPLACED AT 2565 HOURS,SPARE TIRE IS AVAILABLE WITH THE MACHINE. "THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND MACHINE" CUSTOM BUILT FOR CHARLESTON COUNTY WITH SPECIAL ATTENTION TO DEAL WITH THE SALT WATER ENVIRONMENT IT OPERATED IN. MANY STAINLESS STEEL UPGRADE SINCE PURCHASED NEW. THERE IS SOME CORROSION ON THE CAB AND HAS SOME BROKEN GLASS. STARTER SOLENOID MAY BE BAD...SOMETIMES HAVE TO BOOST IT DIRECTLY AT THE STARTER. CRANKS, RUNS AND OPERATES. "COSTS OVER $350,000.00 TO BUILD A COMPARABLE MACHINE TODAY. DITCHERS USED WITH THIS TRACTOR ARE LISTED FOR SALE SEPARATELY.

Can you beleive it sold for 20,000?

Attachments

• rollingon1.jpg
    rollingon1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,947
  • rollingon2.jpg
    rollingon2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,725
  • rollingon3.jpg
    rollingon3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,621
Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Um your links need some attention........:D

When on the site you want to link to, right click the site and click "copy". Then go to to your new post and click the createlink.gif at the top. "Paste" the link into there and click "OK". You link will be good as new. :wink2

On Edit: Or you can always post pics......:thumbsup

That was a steal at $20,000. Makes me wish I had that much for a toy. If I had it, it wouldn't be seeing any work, just play. :cool2

Last edited:

Lashlander

I thought this pic was kinda cool. This was in a book called Giant Earthmoving Equipment by Eric C. Orlemann

Last edited:

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Wow , great photo indeed . Is that one of those Terex trucks ? Like the one parked near Sparwood BC ?

Thanks again everyone for all the great pictures .:notworthy

About the blue Grader . I'm not sure if I like it or not , but I just can't stop looking at it . Weird ...

Countryboy

Occupation
That is the one parked at Sparwood BC. The Terex Titan 33-19. There was only one made.

That hoe ain't tied down. :nono

Great pic :thumbsup . I think its because of things like that though that it was parked. :cool2

Grader4me

Hmmm.......you don't like it, so you made it into your avatar. :crazy

I'll never figure you grader operators out. :D

Lol...Thought that would draw a response from you. I could only stand it as my avatar while I was off line though;)

Many have tryed my friend...Many have tryed :deadhorse

XHawkeye

See attached

Attachments

• Torque_Col_Taylor_tdg.jpg
    Torque_Col_Taylor_tdg.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • proof_man_needs_wife_.jpg
    proof_man_needs_wife_.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,413

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
:eek: How did you get that picture of my wife's grandparents on that tractor?:bouncegri Well it is the "other" side of the family.:wink2:D

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
That is some serious torque on that "oversize" load. Hope he has a strong frame. The torque on my 500hp dump truck just amazes me sometimes. Gotta love those diesels.

Lashlander

I don't have a lot of info on them. Crowley Maritime uses them to transport stuff around the North Slope. The company that makes them is Rollingon. They are able to travel across the tundra without scarring it up. They make alot of different types. Countryboy posted a bunch of different types in this thread a few pages ago.

Countryboy

Occupation
Great pics Lash and XHawkeye. :drinkup

Lash, if you ever get a chance to take some more pics of those Rollingon trucks, you know where to put them. :thumbsup

Lashlander

Great pics Lash and XHawkeye. :drinkup

Lash, if you ever get a chance to take some more pics of those Rollingon trucks, you know where to put them. :thumbsup

I stole them pics, I've made it my mission to stay off the North Slope if possible. Its colder there than Wyoming.:eek:

Lashlander

I broke in and stole a couple more. I was wrong, their not operated by Crowley Maritime. Their operated by Crowley All Terrain Co., a division of Crowley Maritime. I also stole these from a calender that the IUOE Local 302 put out.

Last edited:

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
oh lashlander you risk taker you,LOL

glad you are sharing with us. i have only seen pictures in a book on these along time ago. the computer makes the world a small place.

thansk

Countryboy

Occupation
I stole them pics, I've made it my mission to stay off the North Slope if possible. Its colder there than Wyoming.:eek:

Is it true that after working on the Slope for a while that one leg becomes shorter than the other? :beatsme :D

I broke in and stole a couple more. I was wrong, their not operated by Crowley Maritime. Their operated by Crowley All Terrain Co., a division of Crowley Maritime. I also stole these from a calender that the IUOE Local 302 put out.

Good pics :yup . Did you put them back after you stole them.......:cool2