• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Monkeywithawrench

I keep forgetting that V isn’t on the payroll.. he’s a “sub”..
Otherwise I would take the keys to the truck and tell him not to do a mf thing until this mess is cleaned up, TO MY SATISFACTION.!!!
Hand him a BOX of rags and a scraper and a case of brake cleaner..

LARGE MESSY MAN "LMM"= sub from temp agency..........right??

Or has that status changed?? Please say he's STILL a sub from the temp agency and not hired permanently.......PLEASE!!!
VTech??

Also, did you dare to brave the dark and dirty shop for a gander at the conditions in there?? Inquiring minds want to know...... :p
:p :p

Monkeywithawrench

I keep forgetting that V isn’t on the payroll.. he’s a “sub”..
Otherwise I would take the keys to the truck and tell him not to do a mf thing until this mess is cleaned up, TO MY SATISFACTION.!!!
Hand him a BOX of rags and a scraper and a case of brake cleaner..
VTECH is the glue holding the mechanical mess together. THEY know it.
VTECH doesn't NEED THEM, THEY NEED VTECH.

So why should Vtech stick around if the Large Messy Moron is driving him nuts?? Well, relationship with the owner is all I can think of. Vtech is a hired gun. Actually, we're all hired guns. I'm a hired gun........but I have a bunch of customers. I'm not employed by 1 or 2. This gives me Free Will should a customer p*ss me off..............or one of their employees really p*ss me off. I can leave them........I have others to fall back on.

I also realize I am NOT THE ONLY WRENCH TURNER AROUND.........I have a hard won reputation for being good at what I do and responsive to peoples needs. And, thusly; my reputation gets spread through word of mouth and people continue to call seeeking my services. Just as Vtech has this reputation as well.

I think I would have a conversation or send an email .......with pictures.......to Alan and the owner outlining the mess and the liablility of the mess LMM is leaving behind and how it is negatively effecting your desire to work there............in other words "FU and LMM. I'm not working in a pig stye with the pig who created it!! Pigpen can clean up the messes he creates!!"..........and exit stage left, right or center.

Also.........how many different names can we come up with using LMM?? Challenge to the crowd!!

Last edited:

Vetech63

Screw it, I'm not worried about it. I have plenty of other things that keep me busy.
I think I would have a conversation or send an email .......with pictures.......to Alan and the owner outlining the mess and the liablility of the mess LMM is leaving behind and how it is negatively effecting your desire to work there.
This isn't happening. I have already pulled out to let these 2 idiots destroy as much as possible. I'm back on call "as needed". If this is acceptable to those in power, then I can choose whether to be a part of it or not.......I choose NOT. I'm saying FU without saying a word.

TCat

Screw it, I'm not worried about it. I have plenty of other things that keep me busy.

This isn't happening. I have already pulled out to let these 2 idiots destroy as much as possible. I'm back on call "as needed". If this is acceptable to those in power, then I can choose whether to be a part of it or not.......I choose NOT. I'm saying FU without saying a word.
So Vetech when they call you with a bunch of broken stuff that needs fixing last week, what will you do? Would you consider having a conversation with the father and son where instead of them buying your equipment and/or putting you on payroll, maybe you take on a roll of fleet management and repair for them? Would that be something you would be interested in? As you have eluded to in past posts, you are starting to get older. Could you expand your own business by a person or two and train those people the way you want to. As you get people trained the way you want, perhaps you would move more into the management portion of the business as the body wears out and let the younger wrenches handle the physically demanding work. I see that as a win for you, a win for the guys who would learn from your knowledge and the win for the paving company if they could be wise enough to see it. In the mean time you would also take on the duties of Alan the Mall Manager so he can go run a mall somewhere and worry about stripping and waxing floors. Just a thought, not that I would trust the paving company to make the right decisions.

Vetech63

I spent the day with wifey at the machine shop yesterday. She felt I needed some stress-free work, so she put me on her band saw cutting up material.
buttsaw.jpg
I was able to put my feet up and push a couple of buttons........all I was missing was a beer in my hand. I dam near went to sleep.

I did get to slap this a few times when it walked by.....
butt1.jpg
butt2.jpg
She mumbled something about sexual harassment...........whatever lol. I said, "I own that, just like my truck, my tractor, my tools, and my dog." The look on her face was priceless.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Yeah, I thought that too, but she wouldn't let me.
Rutt Roh....she wanted to keep you busy.....not get the job done quickly.
In some shops I see a cheap buzzbox next to the saw, a quick bead is run
down the bundle to hold them together at the left end.
By the looks of that CR you were cutting, that saw could have run 2 stacks of 5 easily,
making 10 parts every time the saw cut.

cfherrman

I spent the day with wifey at the machine shop yesterday. She felt I needed some stress-free work, so she put me on her band saw cutting up material.
View attachment 310763
I was able to put my feet up and push a couple of buttons........all I was missing was a beer in my hand. I dam near went to sleep.

I did get to slap this a few times when it walked by.....
View attachment 310764
View attachment 310765
She mumbled something about sexual harassment...........whatever lol. I said, "I own that, just like my truck, my tractor, my tools, and my dog." The look on her face was priceless.

You should have reminded her of your stud service

Welder Dave

It order to do stack cutting you need have to have multiple lengths of material. If you're doing smaller production it doesn't make sense to have an excess amount of material. I think Vetech's wife was just giving him something to do to keep himself busy so he wasn't bothering her.

Monkeywithawrench

Ohhh my.........light fuse, get away!! Use ONLY under adult supervision.

:p

My wife doesn't let me play in their shop........I can only show up to work on the Freightliner!!LOL
They do CNC mill working and custom cabinetry.

:p:p

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
It order to do stack cutting you need have to have multiple lengths of material. If you're doing smaller production it doesn't make sense to have an excess amount of material. I think Vetech's wife was just giving him something to do to keep himself busy so he wasn't bothering her.
Really ?
and you know exactly what Vtech was cutting sir ?
Maybe you caught a glimpse of the print or cut sheet ?
Ever cut a bar in half to do stack cutting ?