• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I'm sorry for taking your thread further off-topic Vetech.
Pickled baby beets or sliced pickled beets are one of my favorite foods.

I like to quarter them, wrap in aluminum foil with some olive oil, salt and pepper then roast on a charcoal grill. Quite tasty.

scholzee

Seems counterintuitive no? Wouldn’t higher blood pressure make stiffer Rods?
More about "Blood Flow" than pressure constricted blood vessels lower flow and cause high pressure. I imagine something in beets softens or enlarges ID of blood vessels increasing flow thus reducing blood pressure. I am not a doctor but stayed at a motel 6 once.

Vetech63

This skid loader got left at the shop last night so since I had an open area for the moment, I got it inside and started on it. Planetary failure and leaked all the lube out of it from the backside.
299D1.jpg
The bushings in the track frame ended up being pretty worn so I pulled the whole thing.
299D2.jpg
Cat here had all the parts, so I got those picked up this afternoon. Rebuilt OEM drive motor for $4600 and change...........new motor was over $6500.00. I checked and found some online but the savings really wasn't that much........not worth waiting for days anyway. I saw plenty of used pull offs going for over $3K :oops::rolleyes: Crazzzyyyyyyyyy pricing now days

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Interested in just how high it will go, when 30 year old engine designs are going for 40K then add
a 10K core, smart people start trying to justify the continued repairs of 30 plus year old equipment.
At the moment the market for pre 2005 era parts is very strong to the point it's hard to come by some parts, people would rather keep old simple machinery running than buy new complex machines.

Truck Shop

people would rather keep old simple machinery running than buy new complex machines.
That's true-I have to pickup a 855 block that I had machined in Spokane on Monday.
Owner of machine shop asked If I had any more rebuildable blocks, {Yes I do}.
But at some point rebuilding becomes a lost cause.

Vetech63

Vetech, what do you use to pull those together to get the pin in?
I have my own technique. I get one end strung where I want to do the pinning......usually the best access point on the top where I don't have to struggle. Once I have that I find a point behind that and c-clamp the belt to whatever it can reach to "hold" it there.......usually a frame or roller. Then I string the other end to overlap the secured end by using another c-clamp secured to the belt end and pulling it with rope, cable, chain.......whatever works.....then find a place behind that to secure it. Once I am there it's just a matter of manipulating the 2 "loose" ends by hand and push the cable pin though.

sled dog

I have my own technique. I get one end strung where I want to do the pinning......usually the best access point on the top where I don't have to struggle. Once I have that I find a point behind that and c-clamp the belt to whatever it can reach to "hold" it there.......usually a frame or roller. Then I string the other end to overlap the secured end by using another c-clamp secured to the belt end and pulling it with rope, cable, chain.......whatever works.....then find a place behind that to secure it. Once I am there it's just a matter of manipulating the 2 "loose" ends by hand and push the cable pin though.
I always did it at either the head or tail pulley. I took my largest set of channel locks and cut a groove near the ends of the jaws with a cutoff wheel. Doesn't have to be deep, just enough to get a bite on the backside of the lace buckle. Then pull it together. May have to get a couple bites, but once together you can hold them with one hand and start the pin with the other. Now granted, most of my belt work was curb machines and wideners, and most all had the R5 lacing like you just did. Other types of lacing might require other methods. As bad as the belts could be, cleaning the rollers, pulleys, and frames was usually worse...

Vetech63

As bad as the belts could be, cleaning the rollers, pulleys, and frames was usually worse...
I told the main super that this machine was filthy and that it hadn't been getting cleaned well enough and was contributing to the issues. I guess someone got their ass chewed about it cause when I got there yesterday someone had chipped all the concrete away from everything. Saved me several hours of pre-repair clean-up