• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

AzIron

So the job security is piling up by the day when they do call you back raise your rates 10 or 15vpercent then you will almost make Alan half truthful when he calls you a scoundrel for gouging him cause that feller ain't painted a straight line since he got hired and everyone knows the amount of damage being done by incompetence and a lack of decisions is only going to bring the situation back to critical mass

TCat

Occupation
Fleet Manager On My Island Of Misfit Toys
Obviously I'm half a world away, but I gotta ask.
Is this a unique situation or is this where we as a society are headed? I may have lived under a rock, but I've certainly never come across anything like it, most companies/businesses have at least a few idiots floating around, but not usually in a position of authority where they can do whats occuring in this instance.
It’s not heading there it’s already there. If I didn’t know better I’d swear this is a government agency. Unfortunately incompetence and laziness is now prevalent

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Also I'm just guessing that their MIGHT be some good people working for this outfit who are going to be hurt bad when things go from bad to worse.
The way I see it is habitual bullschiters will throw anyone and everyone under the bus before admitting doing wrong, and it's normally the good people who don't see it coming ( because they see the good in people) that get thrown first. I think the Supers that understand what is happening and what is coming need to make others in the company aware of what is round the corner so they can get their hatches battened down for the storm that's coming, Leave Alan, LMM and TBD out there to weather it on their own. Luckily and stupidly for them they have shut you out for the last month, so they can't even use you as a scapegoat.

TCat

Occupation
Ohhhh wait a second....... so they put a lock on to keep you out, they're lining you up for something! you need to make sure you know where and when you were over the last month, why else lock you out?
I was thinking about that too. Anyone want to take bets on whether someone is blaming V for missing tools/equipment and the place being in disarray???

Tags

Ohhhh wait a second....... so they put a lock on to keep you out, they're lining you up for something! you need to make sure you know where and when you were over the last month, why else lock you out
Um. Nobody is locking this guy out. He’s the only one that knows what the Fook is going on there and the only one that knows how to repair anything!

Plus, if they did try that he could just send them this thread as proof he did nothing wrong.;)

TCat

Occupation
From V’s update last Tuesday-

“The locks on the shop and supply room were changed a week or so ago. The lube guy told me that Alan requested the lock change. TBD ( I hadn't met this guy yet at this point) told the lube guy that the change was because of me. LOL......not sure what that means exactly..........but since Alan hasn't dispatched me in over a month on anything I have to assume he is locking me out. Doesn't hurt my feelings.......but LMM and TBD told him that if they gave out the new combination to anyone, Alan said he would pull the A/C out of the shop LOL. Lube guy said LMM has about had his fill with Alan.”

Vetech63

Nothing to update. I could actually get on this site so I figured I would at least say HI! I haven't been contributing much on any of the repair threads so sorry about that. I guess I don't want to help someone by starting off then not knowing when I can get back on this site to continue. I will update here if anything changes on my end.

Vetech63

Well, I got a call from Alan today. I didn't answer it but he left a message about a Cat roller being down. I texted him (his favorite form of communication) and asked what machine and where and what the issue was. He didn't know anything, so I called the super. 1st off.....this is a paving roller, not part of the dirt side. Super said LMM had been working on it since last week..........some type of drive problem. He had replaced the FNR joystick, park brake switch, and who knows what else. He said it was fixed and left it. Super said it was never fixed and LMM came back and screwed with it some more. I asked what was the current situation and he said there were panels off and stuff hanging from wires.

LMM tried to call me last Friday, but I ignored the call. It was over this I bet, and he wanted to pick my brain. I asked the super why he didn't call me directly. He said he was told that he was supposed to go through Alan so the company could use their own mechanics. No problem here, except the other 2 asphalt supers are going around Alan and contacting me directly. I let the #2 super know that the #3 super doesn't know he can contact me directly......he said he would take care of that.

So, to make a long story short, I texted Alan and declined to go bail LMM out. I have a long-standing policy of NOT going behind another mechanics repair attempts. That crap has got me into trouble before and I just won't do it. I told him to call Cat.

I figure LMM threw a few thousand in parts at this and couldn't fix it and Alan thought he would just have me bail him out. NOPE! I'm sure it will cause a fuss but I don't give a S$%t. lol

Keep on firing that parts cannon at this stuff............I'll sit back and watch the fireworks show.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Took the pic on one of our projects last week. Another large contractor's pipe crew putting in a new chain tire store. I am certain the owners and upper level management are from the same family Vtech.

JRB QC loader bucket on a kommie wheel loader. I saw this immediately as I was taking Lucy for a walk across the lot. How anyone else didn't notice this is beyond me.

IMG_6728.jpeg

In one day drop deck lowboy came and delivered a small DW ride on trencher. Then another different lowboy dropped off the wheel loader and rock box with the bucket above. Then even another different lowboy came and picked up their D5K.

Outfit owns a couple of quarries, asphalt plants, paving spreads, trucking spreads and site work division. I guess there is just that much money out there if the company is large enough.

cfherrman

Well, I got a call from Alan today. I didn't answer it but he left a message about a Cat roller being down. I texted him (his favorite form of communication) and asked what machine and where and what the issue was. He didn't know anything, so I called the super. 1st off.....this is a paving roller, not part of the dirt side. Super said LMM had been working on it since last week..........some type of drive problem. He had replaced the FNR joystick, park brake switch, and who knows what else. He said it was fixed and left it. Super said it was never fixed and LMM came back and screwed with it some more. I asked what was the current situation and he said there were panels off and stuff hanging from wires.

LMM tried to call me last Friday, but I ignored the call. It was over this I bet, and he wanted to pick my brain. I asked the super why he didn't call me directly. He said he was told that he was supposed to go through Alan so the company could use their own mechanics. No problem here, except the other 2 asphalt supers are going around Alan and contacting me directly. I let the #2 super know that the #3 super doesn't know he can contact me directly......he said he would take care of that.

So, to make a long story short, I texted Alan and declined to go bail LMM out. I have a long-standing policy of NOT going behind another mechanics repair attempts. That crap has got me into trouble before and I just won't do it. I told him to call Cat.

I figure LMM threw a few thousand in parts at this and couldn't fix it and Alan thought he would just have me bail him out. NOPE! I'm sure it will cause a fuss but I don't give a S$%t. lol

Keep on firing that parts cannon at this stuff............I'll sit back and watch the fireworks show.

Good call, you need to play this very close to the chest so you don't get pulled down Alan lmm or wtf (can't remember the name of the guy you didn't meet or whoever)

Good keep commutation in text form, people can't deny what they said in text.