• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thinking of buying a Case SR150

suladas

Looking at a 2011 Case SR150, has 1700 hours on it and price is reasonable. Haven't went to look at it yet, but wondering how are these machines, any problems to look for? I had considered going bigger, but it's the perfect weight I can get it on my trailer with my Takeuchi TB153FR without doing anything, so would be a nice addition. Will be used for the odd backfill, preping driveways and other concrete stuff, pulling out some concrete and jackhammering, maybe some screw piles, and overall just to have around for things to make it easier then using the mini ex. Is the flow going to noticeable lower then a 2001 75XT and a 2010 430? Just wondering how well it will run attachments I have now in comparison to the machines i've run them with.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Not a very common machine in my area. It has the ISM engine, not the F5 (which is in most of the other case skid steers) It is however a tier 3 machine, so no DEF or regen issues to be had.

You will likely notice the lower flow rate, which is about 15gpm, compared to the 21gpm of the 430. So running a auger will be slower.

It is a lighter machine than the case 430, and has less lifting capacity. You can compare the specs of the machines at the case web site. Not really comparing apples to apples here, so if your use to the 430, and the 75xt, you will likely find this machine under powered.