• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

thinkin about buyin

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
ok- so im normally usin larger equipment in road construction but the other day i had a friend ask if i could remove a foundation for them at their house. i said ok and i went out and rented a kobelco mini ex. it performed great. we would break the perimeter of the slabs with a jackhammer and i would then come in and pry up the slabs. i would set them on top of other slabs with a gap under em so that i could break em easier with the bucket. so anyways, after about only 7 hours of work the slab was busted and piled up neatly. the best part is that i made $850 and it was some of the easiest excavator work that ive ever done. now having that said, ive thought about buying a mini ex and charging per hour for work, preferably demolition type work,(because thats what im good at:D). so anyways, what size and make machines would be good for this type of work? mine was only a 27 horse so it was pretty small. i figure that once i start gettin work it shouldnt take very long to pay it off. any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated.