• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Think big student!!!!

rivroshaun

Occupation
Cat Equipment Tech Trainee
Hello everyone,

I actually joined this sight some time ago however never even came back to visit until now. I recently remembered about this sight and thought that it would be a good idea to come back and start being active. My goal here is to strengthen my knowledge of Heavy Equipment to make me a better Technician. I am currently working as a Dealer Technician in the San Diego Area. I am also part of an apprentice program called Think Big where we a trained in Caterpillar Machines and am going through my second Semester. Please overwhelm me with questions or concerns that you think I might be able to help you with. As this will only make me a better Tech. Just to let you know.....I know nothing about Heavy Equipment. I did not grow up around them, never even touched them until recently. But I am learning fast. In the past 6 months I have learned to operate almost every type of machine CAT has. Also I have spent 3 months in the track shop (Undercarriage). I know that doesn’t make me a pro but that’s why I'm here...to become one. If you still think I can't help you think about this........I am a Dealer Technician........I have access to all....all specs on CAT equipment....Want to know what Horsepower your engine had when it came off the lot.....I can pull it up. Want to know what the correct part number you need....I can help. I hope to be very helpful here. Just give me some time to brush up my skills.

DirtyFrenchy

Hey rivroshaun,

I'm in the middle of the application process for the same program north of the border.

How you liking the schooling? Also, I got the aptitude test and interview coming up next week. What did they ask you in the interview and do you remember roughly what was on the test?