• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Things done at Work

Oxbow

Is that the permanent location for the front outrigger pads? Looks like it would be a chore to get them on/off of there.

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
Why is the nuclear Device abandoned like that........

Were the cranes on the rail car new or imported from their Dutch division??
I was using the nuke. Just taking a few photos while waiting for them to count down. They were new cranes. A lot of cranes come through Halifax there is currently 3-300 ton all terrain liebherr's and a new drill there. Kind of cool to see all the new gear going through the port.

Sirius

Just about if not all our GMKs come across the pond through Halifax and then get railed to Toronto where we pick them up.

Oxbow

no front o/r on at's. pretty sure thats where they store the folding aluminum ladder.

It appears that there are outriggers at the back and between the 1st and 2nd axle. I believe that what I thought was pads is a spool for wires to follow the boom up (2 block lock out?) I'm not a crane guy, so pardon my ignorance.

Pretty nice looking machines!

dbl612

Occupation
crane operator
the large reel is for twin hyd. hoses for the luffing cylinder on the swing around boom extension. no pardon required. good to see questions asked..

Tiny

Took the 180 ton machine to do a transformer swap last week . 30 miles each way left at 9 am and back at the shop by 2:30 pm .

P82A1173 (Small).JPG
P82A1174 (Small).JPG
P82A1176 (Small).JPG
P82A1175 (Small).JPG
P82A1177 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

Tiny

120 rig went to a school house remodel . Only 4 bar joists to set but they were a 155 feet back from the outside edge and had to maintain traffic in the street and on the job . Only one place to set up and it meant flipping the swing out .

P82A1203 (Small).JPG

P82A1219 (Small).JPG

P82A1182 (Small).JPG

P82A1192 (Small).JPG

P82A1189 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

Tiny

Job for today was to move some concrete wall forms . I Should be used to the fact that having a preconceived idea about what you are doing for the day rarely ever is correct . Company has a 518 Link Belt on the job . The outfit we are working for is building new outdoor stadiums for the Jayhawks .

It was pretty nice being on a new construction job , Last couple of years is been mostly rebuilds and additions with a few tilt ups sprinkled in . Looks like there will at least two fields side by side . The structure they were moving the forms from looks to be in the middle of them and right now is the only thing sticking out of the ground .

The forms were a tad bigger than I had imagined , 18 feet by 32 feet with a cat walk bolted on . Just had to drag them over to the other side of the field .

P82A1241 (Small).JPG
P82A1232 (Small).JPG
P82A1234 (Small).JPG
P82A1245 (Small).JPG
P82A1247 (Small).JPG

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Man you get to work on some cool sights, I'm a farm boy and work in my rural community, But I do envy you working on all that big stuff.
I see in some of your pictures the guys were what look like fiberglass "brain buckets" what are the advantages - lighter, cooler,stay on better ?

Tiny

The guys that have the "glass " hard hats claim they are lighter and the brim is fatter so maybe it keeps the sun off you neck .Also thought I wanted to try one but if you lose those dang stickers that are mine there is a chance I would have to set thru some safety briefing again

Last edited: