• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Schield Bantam

northwest41

Hey Bigger digger looks like you need some help here. I have a Koehring Bantam T350, the refined model of the T-35 that you are showing. I am in the process of restoring it, but as you can see that it still runs, so why not go out and dig something. I am having a great time doing just that, the restoration can wait for a few years yet as there is still lots of life left in the old girl.

Attachments

• S3010003.jpg
    S3010003.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 5,165

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Cools pic northwest41 , do you have any more , if so please post them I would love to see more! Thanks

biggerdigger

Occupation
Editor of Contractor, the magazine for New Zealand
Great photo. Wabco man (the poster above) is the author of our classic machines articles - I'm just the lowly magazine editor!

Markat425

bantam

Hi,, a newbie here.. I have a C450 Bantam hydraulic ex. It has the 53 series Detroit motor. Can anybody tell me what the approximate weight of this machine would be? I'm trying to come up with a suitable trailer for it.

Alan

Charter Member
I used to hang around with a kid whose Father had a Schield Bantam on a 6x6 truck chassis. He had the backhoe, shovel and crane fronts for it. He also had a TD14 and a HD16(I think that was the AC designation for it) dozer. He had made a tag trailer to carry the dozer on, one axle at the very rear with the deck dropped down to pintle hook height. He used to load the dozer by putting wood blocks beside the trailer and using them to get the tracks started up onto the deck, then jockey the machine around until it was lined up fore and aft. I don't know how he did it for a lot of years without dumping that dozer on himself.

Oldiron

Hi,, a newbie here.. I have a C450 Bantam hydraulic ex. It has the 53 series Detroit motor. Can anybody tell me what the approximate weight of this machine would be? I'm trying to come up with a suitable trailer for it.

C450 is a crawler right?? Prolly the easiest way to get a weight on the machine is to call an equipment mover they ussually have weights for most machines. None of the bantam books that I have shows a weight for crawlers:beatsme

Last edited:

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor

I just joined this forum, and your post is 9 months or so old, but if you have not got a weight yet. Model C-450. 4,000 lb. counterweight, long side frames, 24" shoes, hydraulic hoe attachment, 30" bucket,------27,000 LBS.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I posted an ad in Craigslist of a C450 for sale in New Hampshire the other day.
If you contact the owners maybe they would know how much it weighs.I posted it for you to see.Ron G

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
I posted an ad in Craigslist of a C450 for sale in New Hampshire the other day.
If you contact the owners maybe they would know how much it weighs.I posted it for you to see.Ron G

Was there something wrong with the information I posted. I thought it came from a fairly reliable source. One picture did not scan too well, this is where I got my information.

Attachments

• hpqscan0002 (Small).jpg
    hpqscan0002 (Small).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,650
  • hpqscan0001 (Small).jpg
    hpqscan0001 (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3,376

Markat425

I just joined this forum, and your post is 9 months or so old, but if you have not got a weight yet. Model C-450. 4,000 lb. counterweight, long side frames, 24" shoes, hydraulic hoe attachment, 30" bucket,------27,000 LBS.

Thanks Orville ! I had not found that weight yet. I appreciate it..

GRABLE

"BANTAM TALK" I started running cable backhoes when I was in the 7th grade. My dad had a Quick Way Model J. He passed when I was 18 and I bought my first Bantam in 1961. Went to the factory and picked it up. I got to visit with Vern Shield at that time. I have had several T-350's. I am 78 years old and have a perfect Bantam C-350, serial 10245 also mfg. in 1961. It has the full vision cab. No crane boom on this one, just a hoe. Have 24", 30", 36" and a 42" buckets for it. The 30"is brand new, all of them came from the sand hills of Nebraska. I would love to post some pictures on this site but I don't know how.I would love to post some pictures on this site but I don't know how. I also have a 7 minute professionally done video of me operating it.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
There is going to be a lot of help for you posting pics,please post them and let us see the video too.Thanks,Ron G