• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The problem dealing with dealers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_groom

Hey,

I'm Tom, I'm a student at University of Illinois Chicago. I'm looking into the construction/heavy equipment world trying to find out some of the difficulties for people working in the industry.

So we looked at Cat for example and saw the kind of attention they paid to the large customers (because it paid, right?) But saw the huge number of people who seemed neglected or un-engaged by them—the fact that people are on this forum teaching each other to fix things and how to do with out them is evidence enough of that.

So I was wondering if some of you out there would mind sharing your experience with Cat and Cat dealerships—how they could improve, what they don't address (specifically for mom and pop, small, and medium companies), and any services you think you could do with.

Let me know if you think I should post this in a different part of the forum, I just figured you guys dealing with the machines might have some input also.

Thanks

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Status
Not open for further replies.