• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Pipeline

monster76

So the Marooka has been gone for a month. Right after I posted that we started to have issues with it shutting off randomly, apparently it's real problem was undetermined. But the lady that ran it was laid off anyways. So we went back to using a tow behind on one of the trucks. No big deal but I still never figured out what kind of blower was on the back of it.

View attachment 105491
If it's someones birthday from our crew we usually try to do something special for lunch. This time it was our teamsters birthday (orange shirt) and we got hot wings and cake!

View attachment 105490
Some of the awesome hills we get to curlex (spelling?). Someone at the top rolls it to the person in the middle who straightens it out and rolls it to the person at the bottom. Then we got a guy or 2 that goes behind and pins them. Lucky for us we had some 8 foot rolls left to do this hill. Sucks doing such a big area with 4 foot rolls but that's all they are getting us at the warehouse now.

This is our new operator :tong
View attachment 105492
You know by now I have to have a picture of Moose in all my posts! So here's another one! He was hanging out running around the yard while we filled stemming bags.

I saved the best picture for last.
View attachment 105493
I bought a new truck! 2000 F350 Short Bed with a 7.3 in it. Has a little over 200k miles but was well taken care of. Bought it off one of the assistant spreadmans :) The day he signed the title over to me I brought 2 pages of questions I wanted to know about the truck. He thought I was nuts but says he's glad to hear I'll be taking good care of it. This thing is clean as a whistle and I got it for a good price!

Sold the Bravada to some guy in the yard. He hasn't come to pick it up yet but has given me half of what I asked for it. My fist vehicle... wish I could keep it just because! Haha. I'll try not to cry as he drives off in it.

nice truck and dont worry 200k aint bad at all my 99 7.3 has right around 350k my old mans 7.3 has more than mine. and neither one of us are planning to get rid of our trucks any time soon.

HEO Girl

That's not true!!!

Our McDonald's have egg Mcmuffins!!!

(At least we have sense enough to know Chef-boy-ad-dee beats sphagetti-os!!!)
If it's ravioli and I can heat it up somehow yes. But if I gotta eat it cold Sketti-O's is where it's at.

Who would want an english muffin when you can have a biscuit??:confused:

:tong

Who was driving the 1 ton?
Biscuits are bleh. I want an english muffin!

Our teamster was. I guess from what I hear they tried to run him off for it too. I didn't think it was his fault, couldn't of really been helped, it just happened.

nice truck and dont worry 200k aint bad at all my 99 7.3 has right around 350k my old mans 7.3 has more than mine. and neither one of us are planning to get rid of our trucks any time soon.
Glad to hear that!

willie59

Administrator
Why does no one in the south know what an English muffin is? Actually, we do know what they are, but you moving from Maine to Nashville Tennessee, I'm quite certain you have discovered food items and choices are "regional" HEO. Much the same way, as my experience in Massachusetts back in the early 90's, they had no clue what a Pinto bean was, nor did they have them for supper. Couldn't find country sausage there, only sausage links for breakfast. And yes, a true southerner likes grits, the debate is to eat them with butter and sugar or just with black pepper sprinkled on them. And CM is spot on, we do biscuits.

Most all southern cooking goes back to the early days of our nation. In the south, in the days before electricity and refrigeration, food was prepared with what you had to work with. Cornmeal, flour, slab of bacon, salt cured pork, churned butter, buttermilk, and all manner of vegetables were on the menu. Beef had to be prepared fresh and quick, again, we didn't have refrigeration or ice blocks from the great lakes. Same with fish, catch it and prepare it that evening. Salt cured pork, hams and bacon, were mainstays, as well as meal breads, cornbread and biscuits, veggies were fresh in the summer and canned for winter use. :)

FSERVICE

that was going to be my question!! do you like cornbread? not the sweet cake like cornbread real corn bread made with buttermilk? ;) lol fried of course!!!

willie59

Administrator
Yes, cornbread is a must with pinto beans and fried taters FSERVICE, along with some homegrown maters and slices of onion, a little chow chow to go with the beans. And yes, I always make cornbread with buttermilk, and, coincidentally, I made some fried cornbread just yesterday. :D

FSERVICE

& I didn't get a invite!!!! I see how you are!!! lol it sounds really good especially the chowchow, haven't had any for years!! THATS TRUELY HOW YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ARE FROM THE SOUTH;) lol

willie59

Administrator
& I didn't get a invite!!!! I see how you are!!! lol it sounds really good especially the chowchow, haven't had any for years!! THATS TRUELY HOW YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ARE FROM THE SOUTH;) lol

I'm southern born and southern bred FSERVICE. :cool:

ya'll are making me hungry

LoL, sorry about that monster76, but I'm very proud of HEO, she has a dream and she's pursuing it. Left her home state of Maine, traveled to Virginia, and now in Tennessee. She's experienced a lot of changes of scenery, I'm hoping she experiences the various cuisines that come with the territory that she's in at the time. :)

monster76

its good though we should be proud of people of like that, no better feeling than turning a dream into reality

willie59

Administrator
its good though we should be proud of people of like that, no better feeling than turning a dream into reality

Well, it's kind of funny now. HEO was a teenager here, and yes, she had her "teenage tendencies", managed to get herself banned on occasion. :D But it's all good, she has matured and has always had a dream of working with heavy equipment. But unlike those who only "have a dream", she's chasing after it. She's our beloved pet project here and has our respect and we do all we can to encourage her. :cool:

mitch504

Well, it's kind of funny now. HEO was a teenager here, and yes, she had her "teenage tendencies", managed to get herself banned on occasion. :D But it's all good, she has matured and has always had a dream of working with heavy equipment. But unlike those who only "have a dream", she's chasing after it. She's our beloved pet project here and has our respect and we do all we can to encourage her. :cool:

I second that, Willie. She hasn't sat around waiting for what she wants to be handed to her, and she hasn't complained about starting at the bottom And working her way up.

We sure should be proud of her (even if she does eat English muffins and spaghetti-Os).
Mitch

stock

I second that, Willie. She hasn't sat around waiting for what she wants to be handed to her, and she hasn't complained about starting at the bottom And working her way up.

We sure should be proud of her (even if she does eat English muffins and spaghetti-Os).
Mitch

what is spaghetti-o's?? they like pot noodle..........

potnoodle460.jpg

HEO Girl

Thanks guys! No one ever got anything from just sitting around a moping about. Well, maybe unless you have rich parents, which I do not lol.
I'm kicking as...-er I mean butt, and taking names!

Yes there is certainly a difference in food from up there to down here. They have all kinds of canned foods that I've never really seen before. I tried a muscadine grape the other day, never had that before. I'm not a huge fan of corn bread, I don't really like a whole lot of breads really, except english muffins. Everyone brings a ham and cheese sammich with bread and I just bring ham and cheese rolled up together for lunch sometimes. I still have not tried neck bones and rice, it kinda sounds nasty. I did try some gumbo, but it wasn't homemade and I wasn't really a fan. I am not as brave down here as I was when I first went to New York to visit my brother, there I tried, pigs tails, bone marrow, and Thai food (the real stuff). I actually loved every single bit of it. Bone marrow is right up there with my love for butter, seriously, it was like so much amazingness in my mouth.

Most people new who talk to me always ask almost immediately where I'm from because "I don't sound like I'm from anywhere near the south."

Stock those look more like our "Cup of Noodles"
1001029_070662030035_A_400.jpg

These are Sketti-O's and they are delicious! Don't let anyone tell you different!
recall_spaghettios.jpg
spaghettios.jpg

I'm dog sitting another foremans ole' girl (She's 14, black lab) while he flew to check out another job for a couple days. This is the black lab that Moose met his first day out on the right of way last year when he was just a couple days over 8 weeks old. Round' here I don't give out "free" treats, you gotta work for them. This is Moose and Zoey sitting for a treat. I call Zoey my sweet and gentle girl and Moose is my bull in a china closet who steps on your feet. I have a huge bruise on my right foot that NEVER heals because he's always stepping on it.
20130827_175535_zpseccaff92.jpg

We got called to remove a deer off of the ROW and bring it to the road so Metro could come and pick it up. Seemed like it had died not to long ago, it was stiff but wasn't bloated at all. The ticks on this thing were insane to see. We aren't sure how it died. I wanted to cut off a whole back leg or something and stick it in my freezer for a month (kills parasites) so I could get free meat for Moose! But they said no :(
Nice rack on it though.
IMG950974_zps825ee6e6.jpg

bill onthehill

You have to get with the hillbilly way of spinning stories and tell folks how you spun the ex around twice and took it down with one swing. Nice looking young buck anyway. Glad to see you are getting a break from the rain. A wet muddy summer takes it's toll on you.

monster76

you how many times i stuff mac and cheese and other canned pasta things under the hood of my vehicles so i can always have a warm snack to keep me from buying the death sandwiches at the fast food joints.

stock

Damn girl that's a fine farmers tan you got, must be sunny down there in the south.................... this summer we managed 15 days with out rain and they declared we were in a drought...................

stock

1003855_75308_A_400.jpg

Our version but not a fan .................

KNO1189.jpg

More to my liking..............and is ready in five minutes.............might explain the 40+ waist................

HEO Girl

What part of Maine? I grew up in Northern Maine, moved to Alaska in 2002.
I lived in Augusta pretty near all my life. So I'm kind of in the southern part of Maine. Northern Maine is my favorite though.

Damn girl that's a fine farmers tan you got, must be sunny down there in the south.................... this summer we managed 15 days with out rain and they declared we were in a drought...................
It's a wicked sexy farmer's tan :naughty! I used to tan after work a couple times a week to keep my body even'd out. Then I just stopped caring, so the rest of me is extremely pasty white lol. Not like I have any time to go to the beach or the pool or anything like that anyways.

On a side note
2 Days Off!!! Got out at noon today!!