• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The old iron, down the road

Entropy1

I used to work for the submarine recycling group. I remember seeing those engines being pulled.

How exactly did you interpret my comments to be a perceived jab towards an unrelated home-build thread?

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
What's with the douche bag factor throughout the entire site lately? I'm thinkin' that new fangled AI crap is starting to infiltrate our happy world.

Entropy1

When you turn on the TV and see a new face reporting the evening news, consider the possibility that what you're watching isn't even a real person (video/audio stream that's AI generated within the 7-second broadcast delay - to appear as if it's live). Sound crazy? Maybe, mabye not?

I suspect that in the not too-distant future audio/video recordings will be inadmissible as evidence in a court of law.

skyking1

I've got no idea, @stinky64
I've met with lots of folks here face to face. We are more than some anonymous internet community where the ether between us promotes the degraded interactions common to FB or what was once Twitter.
Maybe it's just the winter doldrums. Seasonal Disaffective Disorder, so to speak.

Truck Shop

Pretty obvious what it is and when it started, but that can't be addressed from any angle
so it's live with it and don't utter a word.

skyking1

All the iron in my first two posts is gone, except for that little funky ford loader. It is sitting on a lowbed just the same, no wheels. It will be gone Monday most likely.
That yard is full of construction fence panels now. Farewell 224B, big Komatsu dozer, and a gaggle of crawler loaders.

JaredV

Love it! I wish the door was closed, though. The steering box is probably missing because parts are expensive if you can find them. I've got one but can't find any pictures of it. Mine has leaning wheels and the steering box is pretty sloppy which teaches you what wheel lean does for steering.

Tugger2

I just passed one of those on to another friend that has more time and resources than i do. The steering box was missing and it was steering using the ripper circuit and a hyd cylinder . PA121178.JPG

JaredV

Tugger, do you have any pictures that might show how the hydraulic cylinder was adapted to the front end? I've been scheming on an elegant way to convert mine but there's not much room where the steering box lives.

Tugger2

Tugger, do you have any pictures that might show how the hydraulic cylinder was adapted to the front end? I've been scheming on an elegant way to convert mine but there's not much room where the steering box lives.
Ill try and get a picture of that setup .Its not the greatest and made for pretty wild steering . Id search far and wide for a steering box .Or if your set on hydraulic maybe a cylinder combined with a marine helm pump would give better control. Working the steering with a lever that moves fore and aft instead of side to side had its challenges to.

Truck Shop

I know where one of those AC graders is setting, has Detroit IIRC. Plus there is a fairly
large AC crawler, don't remember the model but pretty good size. All just setting out in
the long lost rhubarb near Monumental Dam on the Snake River. Actually there is a bunch
of scrap iron setting there, it's where I bought the 1980 Freightliner cab over for engine
rear drives I used in the Mack. Lots of rattle snakes to keep your attention. There was
also a Thornton rear drive setting in the weeds.
R.f7a7071b84eb7f4a8572d0f8a5762f1f