• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex

d9gdon

The funniest thing I ever heard about a Terex dozer was quoted by OzDozer IIRC about 10-12 years ago. What do you expect from a dozer built by a car company; a piece of crap with a wood grain dash.

I have to qualify that statement by saying that I've never been on one. Still funny though.

Randy88

Just out of curiosity what horsepower did the twin put out, I don't even know what the single puts out, a local guy has a single engine, not sure of the number, ran it last summer, my god how loud it was sitting on that thing, and had to have it revved up pretty good to get it to do anything, it had push though I'll give it that, don't think I could hear for a week afterwards though, can't imagine how loud a twin would be.

grandpa rich

I'm not sure of the horse power on a tc 12 but I think they were two 671 detroit diesels and they were loud. Back in the 70's I worked for a local road contractor that used one for a push cat, and that was quite a ride when he got behind you. About 10 years ago they brought it out to the local steam thrashing show along with a cat 666 scraper. I was almost a quarter of a mile away one morning when they first started it and knew in an instant what it was. I walked down the hill and they were both setting there and in pretty good shape. They can be seen at the show every august in lesueur mn. I ran a 82-40 stripping in a gravel pit and it was a nice handling tractor but it was so nouisy.

wnydirtguy

Got my Fix today!!!
Was at the yard for training and got done. looked out back to see what the guys were doing. Saw the old 82-30 running and I just had to go out and play. Only drove it around and pushed one pile but it felt great!!!
Now I just got to get the mechanics to put new sprockets on it so it can come out and play in the field. If I get back to the yard and have time I will try and get some video of her for you guys.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I don't know what it is about terex(euc) dozers but imo there is nothing so sexy looking. I've only seen one running years ago. I was too young to really appreciate it.

graemets3

The Euc TC-12, later called a Terex 82-80, was two tractors with the inside tracks removed and connected together.

No it wasn't. The TC-12 hit the dirt first, from memory around 1954, and then the C-6 came on the scene a few years later. From the onset, the TC-12 was split frame, twin power machine - not two tractors connected together with the inside tracks removed.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I found a 8230b today. going to rent it next week hopefully to see what it will do, learn some more about it.

Does anyone know the weight and hp on that unit. It has a single point ripper, open station.

The owner said it was completely redone about 4 years ago. It still fires right up, works when needed.

wrwtexan

Occupation
Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
If anyone in my part of the country might be looking for an old Terex, there is what I can only assume from the pictures, an 82-30 which looks like it was parked there running several years ago. It is on SH 24/50 south of Commerce, Texas just north of IH 30.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Use to work for an outfit name Nelson Construction they was for Ontawa,Iowa (northwest).They painted all their Terex machine(Eculid back then) white because they run night shift and they could see them better.Kind of became their trade mark.They had C-6,TC-12,TS 14,24,32.Plus a fleet of HD 19-21 Allis dozer and pushcats.Never a problem of having enough pushing power.They just keep stacking pushcats behind to load you.

Another outfit close to me had severel Terex machine ,82-50.

Anyway i'm pretty sure the C-6 came before the TC-12 did,but could wrong.Good luck

ih100

They were in development simultaneously, but the TC 12 came out first. Bit of a chicken or egg question whether the TC 12 was two C 6's or vice versa, as they were on the drawing board together.

rustybottoms88

I searched before I posted so here I am . I am looking at a Terex 82-30B to buy. It has the turbo and 4K hours on it. The serial number is 66433. My google search rendered me no exact answers as to the year. My best guess from what I found is 1977 or 1978? How much should I pay for this thing? The UC is at 80% as best I can tell. skadill perked my interest of these dozer with his YouTube videos and I saw this one come up for auction. Any advice/ help you guys can give is appreciated. Thanks!

d9gdon

Only one I could find sold at Ritchie Bros auction in Sacramento CA last June for $8500. Looked to be in good shape, but couldn't tell much about the undercarriage which is the most important part. It had a ripper on it too.

Welder Dave

5 or 6 years ago I was at an RB auction where an 82-50 sold for $16,000 and it was in really good shape with almost new undercarriage. I think it was a 1980 or 81. One track pad had a piece broken off it and the lift cylinder creeped a bit but it ran great and looked like it had been well cared for. I heard the guy that bought it had a 200 acre or so farm and it was the first machine loaded on one of the haulers advertising at the auction. Serial number 66433 is 77 or 78. I have a little booklet from a used equipment dealer that shows Terex serial numbers but the years overlap. 1977, 624469-66837 and 1978, 63186-68641. The serial numbers cover all Terex products.

rustybottoms88

Thank you for the responses. I guess I got pretty close in my research on the year model. We have atleast 100 acres of woods to push off for pasture. The prices you guys are quoting is close to what I had in mind. I visited with our local parts supply yesterday he said he can get undercarriage parts and the motor parts are easy enough to find. That put my mind at ease about that. It's in a auction and I do not know the history of the machine so I figured I would bid up to what it would be worth in scrap in a good year. If I win it great, if not there are plenty of D6C's around to look at....thanks again! If anyone else has words of wisdom please chime in.

The first machine operating job that I had, was on a TC12. That was a little over 40 years ago. The old fellow that owned it had built a bush canopy over the entire machine, with the mounts all on the left side tractor. It was pretty nasty to listen to those two detroits yelling under a canopy. According to the owner, it was a 1962 model, and produced 420 hp. In later years, it was sold at his estate sale for $3600. The people that bought it, wanted to resell it once they found out what it would cost to haul it home, but had no takers.