• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex/ASV PT-110 Error Code

furu

Had an issue today in which as I turn the throttle knob to throttle up the engine the rpm starts to go up a little bit and then returns to idle and it throws a error code 558-2.

Code description is Accelerator Pedal 1 Low Idle Switch: Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

Since the PT-110 does not have an Accelerator Pedal but an Accelerator knob I would presume it means one and the same.
Of course it happens late on Friday before a holiday weekend and right at closing time so when I called the dealer service department everyone was gone.

Anyone have any experience or ideas where I can start looking before I can talked to the service department after the weekend is over.

mikebramel

If it's an old school potentiometer, you can remove it, pin the back of it with a multimeter while it's unplugged, and watch the sweep. should be nice and smooth

furu

Yes but it is the low idle switch that has the fault which I believe is a relay that gets an input from the throttle not the throttle itself.
Still worth giving it a try just to rule it out.
I did find a reference to re-calibrating the low idle switch procedure but am not sure if that might not cause additional issues without knowing any more than I do about the fault.