• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td8

Alaska Dan

Occupation
I make a line of holsters and other gun related pr
Just wondering - does anyone know what TD8 stands for?

Thanks

Dan

hardtail

International made various forms of equipment from early on, in the late 30's the TD came about standing for track diesel, the 8 I presume is some sizing designation that model recieved later on.............

Alaska Dan

Occupation
Thanks guys. I appreciate that. Dan

hardtail

I can't say for sure on the later models like yours and likely wasn't any forethought by IH on their classification but the early machines once outfitted with gear, canopies, dozers and winches came very close to the models tonnage in weight as a ballpark rule.........early TD9 fitted 18,000lbs and up........yours may weigh more????? Crawler weight and hp crept up later on, heck a TD9 today likely has the hp of the ol 18's, they should have shaved some weight off those old heavy dozers though.......LOL

Alaska Dan

Occupation
I was told my TD8 weighs about 17,000 lbs.