• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td15c

Ricklh1

i have purchased a td15c. I read somewhere to look on the rear right side of tractor to find the last 4 of the serial number. I found the number 1994 stamped in the frame. I believe that makes the machine a 1975 or 1976????. I want to order all of the clutch and brake disk and plates for this machine and do a rebuild on the brakes and steering clutchs and also the drive clutch. I have a 1985 parts manual but I'm afraid the 1976 and 1985 tractors might use different parts. I would approximate any help deciding which parts I need to order.

Attachments

• IMG_6745.JPG
    IMG_6745.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

FWD

I think you will be fine with the newer parts manual. If there are change in parts they will have the serial number breaks listed. Also a newer manual will have the updated numbers for the older tractors. You are usually better off with a newer manual than an older one.
FWD

Ricklh1

Another question concerning the fuel tank gauge on this tractor. It has a fuel gauge mounted mounted the front right side of the fuel tank, beside the hydraulic tank. It is hard plumbed from the bottom of the fuel tank. I cannot find a part # in the parts book. The book shows a dip stick style fuel level indicator. The gauge is damaged and I would like to replace it. Has anyone here had any experience with this type of gauge or know where I could find one.

td15c

As far as I no the td15c did not have a fuel gauge. Are you sure it's not a pressure gauge of some kind like maybe it used to have a winch

Ricklh1

You are right. It is a pressure gauge for the winch. I followed the hose back and it terminated at the winch valve box. Another question, if I disassemble the machine far enough to replace the steering clutchs and brakes, are there any other issues I should deal with while I'm in it, seals exex?

Ricklh1

I am working on the tract adjusters on a 77 td15c. Do these tractors have two grease zerks per adjuster. I am uploading a picture of both tracks. You can see in the left track adjuster there is two zerks. On the right hand track there is one zerk and a nut where another zerk could have broken off. Do I have to pump grease into both zerks in order to adjust a tract.

Attachments

• 39A9AC4D-4AB4-4208-B84C-828636C010C7.jpeg
    39A9AC4D-4AB4-4208-B84C-828636C010C7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 5EDB21AA-C77E-4F5D-BF98-0FC372685E95.jpeg
    5EDB21AA-C77E-4F5D-BF98-0FC372685E95.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

Ricklh1

I removed one zerk and check on the left track and cleaned the mud from around the other. Letting it soak for a while

Attachments

• E7910E1C-2A5F-4962-8D87-AE7D01B48BFD.jpeg
    E7910E1C-2A5F-4962-8D87-AE7D01B48BFD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

Ricklh1

That second one is being a pain to remove, any suggestions.

Attachments

• 57B0E0FB-DC66-45DD-81FF-EEF211CC562C.jpeg
    57B0E0FB-DC66-45DD-81FF-EEF211CC562C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3

DMiller

if is as my Allis is the one closest to the yoke adjusts the rail, the second is more or less a weather seal and rust inhibitor to the sides of the piston and yoke bore. OUTSIDE or to the weather side of the seal.

td15c

It should have a grease fitting in one hole and a bleeder bolt in the other under the grease fitting there should be a check valve

Ricklh1

Attached is a picture of the checks without the zerks.

Attachments

• 11FBB9A6-D3F9-4F58-BF1C-99113602B7D5.jpeg
    11FBB9A6-D3F9-4F58-BF1C-99113602B7D5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

Ricklh1

Only one zerk/check is the kind that I can replace the zerk only. The other 3 are the kind that has the zerk made onto the check and they are broke off and beat up.

DMiller

Time to do a little machining or take to a shop for replacements built or these modified for conventional zerks.

Ricklh1

I ordered the kind which take the screw in zerks. Zerks are much cheaper than those check valves. The tract tensioning has not given me any trouble and I hope I don’t have any trouble with the tensioner, no signs of that but who knows. This old Tractor has saved me from having to do some hard fencing work by cleaning out several miles of fence line and I actually enjoy running it. It’s like me it has some hours on it.

DMiller

Just watch wire buildup in the rails/shoes, that bird nest gets in toward seals on sprockets, rollers, idlers and Katie bar the Door as to damage can wreak.