• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL150 manual

bpogue

Does anyone know of an online source for a service manual for a 2003 TL150? I lost all controls and need to find the pages that show the electronic controls. Neither stick works anything. I need to know the location of the solenoid that kills the controls and the wiring that feeds it. I have already tested the seat switch. It has voltage to do it and it operates correctly.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
This will sound funny but sit in the tractor and put light pressure on the travel stick. Just enough to creep. Take a small hammer and tap at the the relay strip. This will be just above your toes. If the tractor moves ,its one of the relays on that strip and most of those are the same. You might be able switch few out to find the problem. I've had this problem on ours befor and it has always been a relay. Also check battery, alt , and belt tightness. This machine is very voltage sensitive. I'm no mechanic but owner/ op. If its the batt or alt you will get a light on the console. Hope this helps. I wrote this pre coffee. The hammer trick usually works if it's one of those relays. You'll have to stand on you head to get to the relay strip lol :D

bpogue

Thanks for the information. I only had a little time today to check it out. The battery light came on earlier the same day the machine stopped. I hear some belt squealing when it starts. The belt is tight, so maybe my alternator is going out. I hooked some cables up to my service truck running, but the light will not go off.

This will sound funny but sit in the tractor and put light pressure on the travel stick. Just enough to creep. Take a small hammer and tap at the the relay strip. This will be just above your toes. If the tractor moves ,its one of the relays on that strip and most of those are the same. You might be able switch few out to find the problem. I've had this problem on ours befor and it has always been a relay. Also check battery, alt , and belt tightness. This machine is very voltage sensitive. I'm no mechanic but owner/ op. If its the batt or alt you will get a light on the console. Hope this helps. I wrote this pre coffee. The hammer trick usually works if it's one of those relays. You'll have to stand on you head to get to the relay strip lol :D

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
My experience is when the light comes on its normally alt related. Sometimes the wire or wire connections come loose or , the alt is bad. I've been able to have mine rebuilt for under $300 so check around. If you remove the wire plug from the alt , be sure when you plug it back in that the wires don't try to push out of the back of the connector. You'll scratch your head for along time looking for that ghost ! Once the clip is in , I use needle nose pliers to push the actual wire in the connector. Good luck :)

bpogue

Yes there is something wrong. Voltage is about 12.6 running, too low for the alternator. I would just be surprised that 12.6 wouldn't be enough voltage to make everything operate. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I will pull the alternator.

bpogue

I think I got it figured out. I downloaded an online manual last night and went through the wiring. As it turns out, there is a wire coming directly off the alternator to the charge relay, which also powers the relay that controls the hydraulic system. I traced the wire and found 2.7 volts coming into the relay. When I pulled the alternator, the bearings are clearly shot. I then ran a jumper wire from the battery to the wire going to the relays, and everything works. Now all I need is an alternator. That alternator is expensive from the dealer. I will see if I can get it rebuilt cheaper.

bdunn

I have a 06 TL150 that starts up then shuts down after it rains. When it sits for a day or so after the rain it starts up runs fine. Anyone have any ideas on that.

bpogue

Could you be more specific about what it is doing? Any lights indicating a problem?

bdunn

The tractor cranks up but immediately shuts down. If I give the shutdown solenoid power on one side it runs fine until I remove power. The lights in the dash are always on so those won't help. The ole girl has seen some hard working days. This problem only seems to arise after a rain. When it dries up she runs fine with no running issues other than the lights on the dash always stay on. She looks pittifle just sitting there all broke down.

bpogue

That's a little tough. I would probably start by looking at the relay box for evidence of water infiltration after a rain.

Docron

I just purchased a 2006 Tak tl150. They power washed it yesterday and today the fan and A/C are not working. Any ideas?

bpogue

Check the fuses first. That would be a possibility. You may have to pull the controls to check for power.