• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL130 Fuel stop solenoid not getting Power

giannid

So my machine would not start the other day and traced it back to the fuel solenoid. I disconnected it and it started right up. So I started checking the power to it and it had constant power to one wire and power to the other wire while it was in the run position. One wire is a ground. Then I was checking some other things and noticed the power went out to both wires. It's weird as it seems like it's an intermediate problem and keeps getting power and losing it. At one point it was barely lighting the test light up. I checked the solenoids and even swapped them out with the similar ones and nothing seems to work. I cleaned out the fuse fox and blew it out with air and checked all the fuses. Now it doesn't seem like it's getting power at all. Seems like it got worse when I blew air in the fuse box. ANyone have a schematic to this thing or the troubleshooting procedures? My serial number is 21302303.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
The white and red wire should have constant power, from fuse 1 (20 amp) follow the wire back, and ensure it is getting power.

Black wire is ground. Ensure it has good ground.

Blue and white wire is signal wire. It only gets power while cranking. It gets power through the emergency stop relay, to the emergency relay, then to the stop motor relay. Inspect the relays, and swap with other ones. (If you do not have constant power at the white and red wire, you will not get power through the signal wire)

Quickest test is to jump 12v power to the white and red wire (T in a power wire, so power can go back through the harness) Then see if it will start.

GaryHoff

Occupation
The 10amp fuel stop is for the signal wire to the relays (wire I highlighted blue)
The 20amp fuse is labelled Horn, and should be just below the engine stop fuse (wire I highlighted red)

tl130 fuses.jpg

giannid

My white and red wire is not getting power. I didn't know it got power from that horn fuse. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Where should I jump the power at, at the actual stop solenoid? Right now I have the stop solenoid out and a piece of tie wire tied to the injection pump so we can shut the machine off. So I take it if the red/white wire isn't getting power, the problem is in the wire going from the fuse box to white/red wire? Does the red/white wire actually come out of the back of the fuse box?

GaryHoff

Occupation
Coming out of the fuse box, the wire should be white and red. If the fuse is ok, then the wire is likely broken between the fuse box and the fuel shut off solenoid.

If you think the wire is broken, then you can narrow it down by checking for power along its route.
Emergency relay should have power at pin 1
Stop motor relay should have power at pin 5

remember, the most likely place for a wire to break is where it hangs or can wiggle, so really check closely near the engine, as the harness hangs there. It will likely be within a foot of there.

giannid

If I need to, Can I just run a new wire from the back of the fuse box at that 20 amp fuse to the to the actual stop solenoid and then the 5 pin to stop motor relay, and 1 pin at emergency relay? I'm pretty sure I know which one is the stop motor relay. not sure which one is the emergency relay. Would be nice if they were labeled.

GaryHoff

Occupation
I would jump power to the fuel shut off solenoid first, (T in a wire) I don't like to hack and tear into the harness if I don't have to.

Check for power at the locations I mentioned first, you may not have to run a new wire. You may find that the horn is causing your fuse to blow.

giannid

So k is the emergency relay that should have constant power at pin 1? Seems like some of the relays are combination relays as I don't see emergency stop 1 and 2.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Yes, some of the relays are combinations, and are terribly labeled. Your best bet is to look at the wire colors to help you identify the relays properly.

Emergency stop relay1 and 2 are in the cluster.

Emergency relay, is a combination relay with the lap bar, and coolant level

Last edited:

giannid

Gary, I just wanted to tell you thank you for helping me out. As soon as I put power to the wire to the stop solenoid that has constant power, everything worked. What it end up being is the issue is the terminal on the back of the fuse box marked horn was corroded and when I pulled on it, it just pulled out of the fuse box. Ended up fixing it by cutting both wires out of behind the fuse box and putting an inline fuse in. The wire going to the horn fuse was only used to power that circuit. Thanks again! My biggest problem with this is I never knew the fuse for horn powered the stop solenoid also.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Thanks for the follow up, always good to hear what the root cause of a issue was. Congrats on finding the issue.

Medy

The white and red wire should have constant power, from fuse 1 (20 amp) follow the wire back, and ensure it is getting power.

Black wire is ground. Ensure it has good ground.

Blue and white wire is signal wire. It only gets power while cranking. It gets power through the emergency stop relay, to the emergency relay, then to the stop motor relay. Inspect the relays, and swap with other ones. (If you do not have constant power at the white and red wire, you will not get power through the signal wire)

Quickest test is to jump 12v power to the white and red wire (T in a power wire, so power can go back through the harness) Then see if it will start.
Hey Garyhoff, can u send me the service manual for TL130 I have an issue with the wire harness , my email medysurf@yahoo.fr