• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

takeuchi TL10 vs TL12

skata

i know what the specs say, but what is the real world difference between these machines?
i have a tl140 and have been debating on getting the bigger brother machine, since i do a lot of dirt moving, backfill, etc.
anyone operate both sized machines?

Tags

The 12 is a beast, quite a bit heavier than than the 10, so if you need to move it a lot you need a trailer that will carry at least 13000 lbs, that's just with the bucket. Also I'm pretty sure the 12 is going to chug more fuel,but it will also move more material faster. I have a friend who's had both, he now has an 8 and just got the newly redesigned 12 radial lift. Taks done a real nice job with the new unit, way more refined in the cab and a bit quieter to boot.

skata

yeah, hauling the bigger machine around is my biggest holdback. you cant pull that machine behind a standard 1 ton truck.