• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tak tk150 track issue

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
Was walking across my site and found one of the metal bars that are embedded in the tracks laying on the ground. Walked over to the machine and noticed 2 had fallen out.

The tracks only have 450 hours on them but they are 4-5 years old (machine sits a lot as it's used mostly to work on my quad track)

Anyway, how long before I'm totally screwed is my question. I would imagine theyll all start coming out soon

Any input would be great. Thx

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Is it the flat pads the rollers roll on ? If is, better plan on replacing them ASAP. That's has happened to me with the old Solid Deal brand tracks. Makes for a rough ride !

bonanno23

Occupation
Is it the flat pads the rollers roll on ? If is, better plan on replacing them ASAP. That's has happened to me with the old Solid Deal brand tracks. Makes for a rough ride !

Yup. That's exactly it. Really disappointed because the tracks look brand new.

Any recommendations on replacement tracks? Or just get the original ones?

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
After that snafu I bought Mclaren tracks. Best money spent. It's time to buy more.
Btw. Quicktrax has some good deals too !

dozer darc

I had a similar problem bought a machine with brand new McLaren tracks [gehl ctl 70] put 400 hrs on them, turned out to be total junk they totally gernaded I would take them if they were free. spend the extra and get oem or the next closest thing, its well worth it in the long run

heymccall

I'm running ITR tracks. Very reasonable. Got three TL150s. Ever since the switch to ITRs, I have eliminated all of my rubber track issues. OEM's (bridgestone), as you have found out, will **** out "cleat" bars, and then if they do stay in, the cords will break.
Oem's last, on average, 700hrs. I've got ITRs with over 2000 hrs. They're near bald, but trouble free.

bonanno23

Occupation
I'm running ITR tracks. Very reasonable. Got three TL150s. Ever since the switch to ITRs, I have eliminated all of my rubber track issues. OEM's (bridgestone), as you have found out, will **** out "cleat" bars, and then if they do stay in, the cords will break.
Oem's last, on average, 700hrs. I've got ITRs with over 2000 hrs. They're near bald, but trouble free.

Thanks for the info. Do you replace the tracks yourself? If so how bard is it?

heymccall

Stack lumber under the rear corners of the main underbelly of the machine, and, with a bucket firmly attached to the coupler, lift the front completely of the ground, by tilting the bucket all the way down, then driving the boom down, 'til there is about two inches clearance under the rear idlers. Remove the adjuster cover and loosen the "whole" grease fitting (7/8" or 3/4", IIRC), then place a 1" diameter pipe between two cleats above or below the front idler, and "slowly" advance (or reverse) the track until the idler is fully collapsed........