• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tag trailer wheels

DK_stihl

Have any of you ever seen a set of wheels like this on a tag trailer? I spotted these when I was in a rail yard.

Attachments

• DSCN05450001_3.JPG
    DSCN05450001_3.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 777
  • DSCN05460001_1.JPG
    DSCN05460001_1.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 766

ke6gwf

They look like forklift tires to me, and I would guess they were having problems with the trailer dragging or hanging up on humps (maybe railroad crossings), and they work like the wheels on motorhome bumpers.

WaterDoc

Occupation
Complete water system disinfection services
They look like forklift tires to me, and I would guess they were having problems with the trailer dragging or hanging up on humps (maybe railroad crossings), and they work like the wheels on motorhome bumpers.

That could be it. Maybe they have to go up a steep incline on a regular basis? I know 1 shop i worked at hat a bit of a hill to get into the bays. Motorhomes would always drag their tail going up, and there was quite a collection of scratches from trailer hitch balls.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
Looks to me if that trailer was loaded to capicity and you ran those wheels over a hump the tail would be damaged.