• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T250 error code 40-04 & 12-22 - shop can't find problem

yates00

I've had this Bobcat T250 in the shop twice now for this problem... won't go into snail mode. First time, they said loose battery cable. Second time, they found chaffed wire on the LEFT grip harness. The problem is intermittent so I can reset it by unplugging the battery. I've lost confidence in the Bobcat shop now and they've charged me $530 for no fix.

Error codes are 40-04 (right joystick no communication to bobcat controller) and 12-22 (front auxiliary PWM switch out of range low).

Others have had the same problem in this forum but didn't post the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yates00

It's got the joystick controls. So are you thinking its the joystick that's bad? I'm not sure i understand the "on the lever" part.

Thanks for the quick answer.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I was referring to the standard Bobcat controls, the top of the right hand directional lever. I replaced the top which has the buttons for aux. attachment control. A wire or switch went bad and caused the problem.

Don't have any experience with the joystick control but others on the Forum are very knowledgable.

yates00

Uh oh. I learned this morning that Bobcat no longer sales my joystick and a $2000 upgrade is required. I'm not even sure if that's the problem but ill begin calling salvage yards.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Uh oh. I learned this morning that Bobcat no longer sales my joystick and a $2000 upgrade is required. I'm not even sure if that's the problem but ill begin calling salvage yards.

I was afraid of that. Have heard of the replacement joysticks costing $2K from other guys that run them. Best of luck and keep us posted.

yates00

Good news. I think it's fixed!!! I just took it for a long joy ride and the codes didn't come back! I said a quick prayer and removed the RH joystick and noticed as I was taking it off that the connector didn't have to be pulled off... it fell off as I pulled the grip away from the boot. Anyway, I plugged it back in and put it back together.

Another BTW, a tip for anyone replacing their blower motor for a/c heater, the arrows on the blower wheels need to match up with the arrow (direction) on the fan motor AND orientation of the blower/fan assembly matters in its housing. The only clue in the manual is it shows the pig tail off the back of the motor. If its goes in backwards, it won't have good pressure /flow.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Good deal, I hope that fixes your issue.