• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Supercharged Cummins NHRS W/Onan generator

Occupation
Diesel Tech
I have Been given the task of getting a large generator running. It has a cummins NHRS engine. Mid 50's I believe. I have acquired a parts manual for it but am in serious need of any service information possible. I apologize if I posted in the wrong category. Thank you very much for any help

Truck Shop

Member that might have a spec manual--kshansen. I don't have anything complete that
goes back that far. But there is Barrington Diesel online source for older Cummins.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I have some old Cummins stuff, looks like it was printed shortly after the Declaration of Independence. I’ll see if there’s coverage for that old girl.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have Been given the task of getting a large generator running. It has a cummins NHRS engine. Mid 50's I believe. I have acquired a parts manual for it but am in serious need of any service information possible. I apologize if I posted in the wrong category. Thank you very much for any help
Over on the web site smokstak.com we discuss antique generators and there is one or two antique Cummins guys on there who probably have specific knowledge of this unit.

Occupation
Diesel Tech
I will get some pictures when I get back out there. Thank you for your time

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I do have a shop manual that includes the NHRS-6. It does not have anything about the fuel pump.

I'm guessing the first step I would take would be to see if it even turns over.
If you need spec's like valve setting I could scan some pages.